Manchester United Target Close to Reuniting With Ajax on a Permanent Deal

Brian Brobbey
Spread the love

Brian Brobbey, having spent his spring on loan at Ajax, is on the verge of again being permanently signed by the Amsterdam club, according to Fabrizio Romano. The Dutch outfit are preparing the paperwork necessary to complete the deal with RB Leipzig. Brobbey is expected to cost Ajax around £14.5 million plus add-ons.

Brian Brobbey to Ajax

Has Previous Experience With the Club

Brian Brobbey’s permanent move to Ajax is almost a reality, with the final paperwork almost completed. The 20-year-old will sign until June 2027. Furthermore, Manchester United ultimately never submitted any bids for the Dutchman, despite the rumours circulating.

Brobbey is well-versed with Ajax, having spent years with them at youth level and a professional season in 2020/21, on top of his loan stint at the club this spring. The striker struggled to get playing time at RB Leipzig and was promptly loaned out to Ajax, who now want to sign him permanently.

Read More: Brian Brobbey Ajax Loan Edging Closer

Two-Time U17 Euro Champion

Brian Brobbey is 90 per cent Ajax. However, the remaining 10 per cent can be split between AFC, where he played in his youth before joining Ajax, and RB Leipzig, where the striker had an underwhelming autumn last year.

In contrast, the Dutchman has experienced tremendous success for the youth national teams. The now 20-year-old scored four goals in six matches for the U15s, and netted five times in five games for the U16s.

Regardless, the true crowning moments of Brobbey’s career up until this point is undoubtedly the consecutive Euro titles he won with the U17s in 2018 and 2019. The striker’s spell with the U17s is also where he enjoyed his greatest goal tally, scoring 16 goals in 24 matches.

Brobbey’s major breakthrough may not have come just yet, but if the striker stays on track, he’s bound to have a successful career for club and country.

Read more: Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur Interested in £40-50 Million RB Leipzig Defender