Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook has officially signed a new contract until 2024, the club have confirmed. The news comes with the Cherries looking to gain promotion to the top flight two years after their relegation. Cook is a crucial part to those ambitions, too, as one of the mainstays in Scott Parker’s side before his long-term injury.
So far this season, under Parker, the Cherries have enjoyed an unbeaten start in the Championship, winning against Nottingham Forest and Birmingham City and drawing against Blackpool, West Bromwich Albion and Hull City. Next up, they square off against Barnsley, hoping to gain all three points.
Lewis Cook Signs New Bournemouth Deal
We're absolutely delighted to announce that @lewiscook_ has signed a new three-year deal 🤩 pic.twitter.com/syz6yZGGtm
— AFC Bournemouth 🍒 (@afcbournemouth) September 9, 2021
What Was Said?
AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake told afcb.co.uk: “We are delighted to have secured Lewis’ services for at least another three years.
“He has established himself as a very important member of the squad and we see him having a major role to play on the pitch over the next few years.
“Lewis has worked tirelessly and diligently on his rehabilitation and has made many sacrifices to ensure both he and the club benefit when he returns to action.
“I know Scott and his team think highly of Lewis and are very much looking forward to getting him back once his recovery has been completed.
“As a club, we were pleased with how the summer transfer window panned out and having Lewis available again will only add to what we feel is a very competitive squad.”
Cook also shared his feelings after the announcement: “I’m delighted, I’m really happy with where the club is at the moment.
“I’m really excited about the new management team, the first few games that I’ve watched have made me excited.
“I’m really happy to get it sorted and signed, now I’ll knuckle down ready to get back on the pitch.”
Embed from Getty Images