Milton Keynes Dons Submit Bid for Walsall’s Zak Jules

Zak Jules

Milton Keynes Dons have reportedly submitted a bid for Walsall defender Zak Jules.

Wayne Veysey of Football Insider reports that the Dons have tabled their first bid for the 23-year-old, while Telegraph reporter Mike McGrath has also confirmed that there is interest from the League One side.

MK Dons Submit Bid for Zak Jules

Defender on Manager’s Wishlist

MK Dons have already done plenty of business on the defensive front in this window, but manager Russell Martin is keen to add more, with a striker and a defender on his wishlist.

He told the MK Citizen: “We are in the mix and the hunt for the players we want. We have to keep on top of things and keep spinning plates, make sure we’re aware of everything going on, and we have plans if we don’t get the ones we want.

“We’re in the last week now, and things hot up, when opportunities come up when maybe you’ve hit brick walls. We have to be ready for anything and everything and hopefully by the end we’ll have strengthened where we wanted to.”

With Baily Cargill, Richard Keogh and George Williams all having left the club this month, the Dons have been left a little short at centre-back.

They have brought in Harry Darling, who impressed on his debut against Charlton Athletic on Tuesday, and Warren O’Hora’s loan from Brighton & Hove Albion has been made permanent.

However, the potential addition of Jules would give Martin’s side some more depth and also gives the manager a chance to assess what his best defensive line-up could be going forward into next season.

Others Interested

Along with MK Dons, there is also reported interested from a number of Championship sides, including Cardiff City, Huddersfield Town, Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City.

In addition, fellow League One sides Portsmouth and Peterborough United have been credited with an interest.

Sorinola on His Way Out?

In other MK Dons news, Russell Martin has said that he has received no contact from clubs regarding teenage defender Matthew Sorinola, despite him being linked with Brighton.

The Dons boss feels that the 19-year-old has been poorly advised amid the interest but insists that the club will do all they can to keep him.

He said: “I don’t think he has been advised very well. He’s a fantastic boy with a great attitude whose head has no doubt been turned in the last month, no doubt about it.

“I won’t be unfair and hold it against him. I think this is the best place for him, other people don’t. He has to take ownership of his own career at some point and decide what we wants.

“There hasn’t been any interest in him, we’ve not had a single phone call from any clubs. I saw the link with Brighton, but I know someone in every department at that club and I’ve not had one call.

“As it stands, he’s our player, we want him to stay. We’ve offered him a new contract but we have to see how things go in the next three days and after that.”

 

Main Photo

Embed from Getty Images


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.