The Football Association and FIFA will go to The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) following disputes over Chelsea’s transfer ban last summer.
The CAS will hear the FA’s complaint against the world football governing body this summer.
REPORT: FA to Take FIFA to Court in June Over Chelsea Transfer Ban
On June 26, the CAS will hear the FA’s complaints against FIFA for the sanctions imposed against them and Chelsea last year.
The dispute follows FIFA’s decision to enforce a transfer band on Chelsea last year. The FA also paid a fine at the time. Both parties broke rules on international signings and registering youth players under 18-years-of-age.
As a result, Chelsea couldn’t sign any new players for two transfer windows in February 2019. However, this sanction later reduced to one window, following an appeal by the club. Despite one window ban being lifted, the London club made no new signings between June and August last year.
The FA also faced charges of £391,000 due to the breaches. But, the organisation appealed this and the fee was eventually reduced to £290,000.
Following the punishment, FIFA said Chelsea and the FA required six months “to address the situation concerning the international transfer and first registration of minors in football.”
Following the original decision from FIFA in February 2019, the FA immediately opposed the punishments.
The English governing body said at the time they wanted to “continue to work with FIFA and Chelsea in a constructive manager to address the issues which were raised by this case.”
Speaking to the Evening Standard, an FA spokesperson said: “The FA has cooperated fully with FIFA’s investigation. As this is an ongoing legal process it would not be appropriate to comment further at this time.”