The New York Mets (59-70) will host the Los Angeles Angels (62-67) in an enticing match-up at Citi Field. Both teams are hungry for a win as they continue their playoff push. The Mets will rely on the arm of Carlos Carrasco (3-7, 6.419 ERA), while the Angels will counter with Chase Silseth (4-1, 4.00 ERA).
The Mets have had a difficult season, but they have shown signs of improvement lately. With a talented roster led by first baseman Pete Alonso, who boasts 39 home runs, and shortstop Francisco Lindor, who has driven in 79 runs, the Mets have the offensive firepower to challenge any opponent.
On the pitching side, Carlos Carrasco, who has battled through injuries this season, will take the mound for the Mets. Although his record may not indicate his true abilities, Carrasco has the potential to dominate hitters with his arsenal of pitches.
The Los Angeles Angels, on the other hand, have had a disappointing season despite the brilliance of Shohei Ohtani. Ohtani, who won’t be pitching due to a torn elbow ligament, has been a force at the plate with 44 home runs and 91 runs batted in. His absence will be felt by the Angels, but they still have other dangerous hitters in their lineup.
Chase Silseth will be tasked with keeping the Mets’ offense in check. The rookie pitcher has shown promise in his limited appearances, and the Angels will hope he can deliver a solid outing.
The game will take place at Citi Field on Saturday, August 26 at 7:10 PM ET. Fans can catch the action on SNY.
Shohei Ohtani’s Absence and the Impact on the Angels
- All eyes will be on the Angels as they adjust to playing without Shohei Ohtani, who won’t be pitching due to a torn elbow ligament. How will they fill the void left by their two-way superstar?
- Despite Ohtani’s absence on the mound, he remains a potent force at the plate. Keep an eye out for his at-bats as he continues to showcase his exceptional hitting skills.
- With Ohtani focusing solely on his hitting, other Angels players will need to step up and provide offensive support. Can they compensate for Ohtani’s absence and deliver a strong performance?
Carlos Carrasco’s Return to Form
- Carlos Carrasco has battled through injuries this season, but he has shown glimpses of his true abilities. Watch as he looks to outduel the Angels’ hitters and regain his dominant form on the mound.
- Carrasco’s pitching arsenal includes a wide range of pitches that can keep hitters off-balance. Pay attention to his command and ability to mix his pitches effectively.
- As Carrasco continues to build strength and confidence, he has the potential to become a key asset in the Mets’ rotation. Take note of how he navigates the Angels’ lineup and delivers a quality start.
New York Mets:
Los Angeles Angels:
- LF Jo Adell (Oblique, D60)
- CF Mike Trout (Hand, D10)
- SP José Suarez (Shoulder, D60)
- C Max Stassi (Hip, D60)
- RP José Quijada (Elbow, D60)
- SS Zach Neto (Back, D10)
- SS Gio Urshela (Pelvis, D60)
- RP Austin Warren (Elbow, D60)
- 1B C.J. Cron (Back, D10)
- RP Sam Bachman (Shoulder, D60)
- RP Chris Rodriguez (Shoulder, D60)
- 3B Anthony Rendon (Shin, D60)
- C Matt Thaiss (Shoulder, D10)
- SP Davis Daniel (Shoulder, D60)
- LF Taylor Ward (Face, D60)
- RP Ben Joyce (Arm, D60)
Don’t miss this exciting match-up between the Mets and Angels as both teams battle it out on the diamond. Tune in on SNY or catch the action live at Citi Field.