Tottenham Hotspur have hit a roadblock in their pursuit of Sporting’s Pedro Porro, as the Portuguese club reneged on terms of the proposed deal. Sporting changed the conditions of the deal right before signing the documents. According to Fabrizio Romano, Spurs are still working to resolve the issues and get the deal done before the transfer window closes.
Tottenham’s Deal for Pedro Porro ‘Off’ After Sporting Change Terms
Pedro Porro 🚨⚪️ #THFC
Tottenham had medical tests booked today in order to complete the deal, agreed on Saturday as player said goodbye to the fans.
Sporting changed details/conditions of the deal right before signing documents.
Talks continue today to resolve the issues. pic.twitter.com/Fx4cuRSmsw
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 30, 2023
Spurs Still in Contact With Sporting
The Lilywhites have been involved in talks for Pedro Porro, for the better part of the January transfer window. The right wing-back’s playing style suits Antonio Conte’s patented 3-4-3 system. So far this season, the Spaniard has three goals and 11 assists in all competitions under Ruben Amorim. He has cemented his position as one of the club’s most important players with his performances in the Champions League. The North London club are still in contact with Sporting over a deal for the defender.
Read More: Done Deal: Tottenham Complete Signing of 17 G/A-Per-Season Star After Rapid Transfer Progress
Pedro Porro’s Emotional Farewell to Sporting Fans
The former Manchester City man bid an emotional farewell to the fans of The Lions, ahead of his expected move to Spurs. The defender waved goodbye to the fans after losing to bitter rivals Porto, in the Portuguese League Cup final. David Ornstein of The Athletic reports that Sporting president, Frederico Varandas, told him that following the final he would be allowed to leave. However, the player is apparently distraught after recent developments in the transfer saga.
Next 24 Hours Crucial for Tottenham to Salvage the Pedro Porro Deal
A medical was scheduled today for Porro, however, that is not going to happen after the changes in the deal. Ornstein reports that the next 24 hours are crucial for both parties as they aim to resolve the issues. The player himself is desperate on a move to North London.
Read More: ‘No Chance:’ Journalist Issues Surprise Transfer Update Tottenham Fans Will Love; Manchester United Dealt Huge Blow
Sporting reportedly walked back on the deal despite Spurs agreeing to meet the full asking price. Romano also states that former Arsenal man Hector Bellerin’s move to the Portuguese capital could directly influence Porro’s move to Tottenham. As an exciting January transfer window draws to a close, fans of the Spurs would be hoping that their team could get this deal over the line in time.