Ralf Rangnick Declares Anthony Martial Situation Resolved

Anthony Martial Situation

Manchester United manager Ralf Rangnick has today declared the Anthony Martial situation resolved in his pre-match press conference for the Red Devils’ trip to Brentford.

Rangnick had previously stated that Martial had refused to be involved in United’s 2-2 draw at Aston Villa, something that was promptly denied by the French forward on Instagram.

The German coach didn’t go into too much detail as to what led to the confusion but insisted the matter is now resolved.

Ralf Rangnick Insists Anthony Martial Situation is Now Resolved

Anthony Martial: The Situation

Martial’s desire to leave Manchester United is not a secret. It was revealed by Ralf Rangnick in late December that Martial, 26, wanted to leave the club. Rangnick then insisted that any transfer – likely to be a loan – would have to suit Manchester United’s demands, which, according to Fabrizio Romano, is that his full wages are paid and a loan fee on top of that.

So far, no club is yet to meet that and Martial remains at United.

His absence from the squad that saw Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcus Rashford miss out with injury then sparked interest, to which Rangnick stated, as quoted by BBC Sport: “He didn’t want to be in the squad.”

Martial’s prompt response saw him post the following message on his Instagram story: “I will never refuse to play a match for Man Utd. I’ve been here for seven years and I never disrespected and will never disrespect the club and the fans.”

What Rangnick Said Today

Now, in press conference quotes cited by Fabrizio Romano, Rangnick said: “I had a conversation with Anthony on Sunday, a personal conversation with him about what happened and how I saw the whole situation. The matter is now resolved.”

Rangnick went on to say ‘we’ll see’ as to Anthony Martial’s involvement v Brentford.

Martial hasn’t trained the last two days but was set to train today.

 

Main Photo
Embed from Getty Images