Swindon Town have seen their game against Accrington Stanley on Tuesday night postponed due to several positive tests of COVID-19.
The Robins also saw their game at the weekend against Oxford United called off due to individuals needing to self-isolate.
Second Swindon Town Game Postponed Due to COVID-19
Positive Tests for Both Teams
Both Accrington and Swindon have recently had several players test positive for the virus.
Speaking ahead of their trip to Oxford, Swindon boss Wellens confirmed that both players and non-playing staff members were self-isolating. Toby Holland, Tommy Wright, Noel Hunt and Steve Mildenhall had all tested positive according to the Robins boss, while Jordan Stevens is self-isolating despite not testing positive.
Accrington, meanwhile, have had eight players return positive tests. Like the Robins, their game at the weekend against Bristol Rovers was also suspended.
Fortunately, none of the players are feeling ‘seriously’ ill, according to Stanley boss John Coleman.
“I have spoken to the players and some of them are asymptomatic while a few are feeling it a little bit,” the Stanley boss said last week.
“Luckily none are seriously ill but they are fit lads and we hope that will help them a bit.
“Now it’s about following protocol and keeping everyone safe and limiting the spread, that’s our duty to the general public.”
As a result of two postponements, both sides will now have to reschedule games for the near future. However, according to Coleman, it is a situation that is out of their hands.
He said: “It’s not ideal to be missing what could be a number of games but that’s the situation which we are in.
“It’s a big blow to be playing catch-up in the league but we have to get on with it and protect the players, staff, their families and the public.
“We just have to deal with it and we will.”
Embed from Getty Images