Last night, we witnessed a twelve-match card. Here are the AEW Dark: Elevation results, and an in-depth match analysis of the main event of the evening.
AEW Dark: Elevation Results (6/21/21)
- FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) defeated Jorel Nelson and Royce Isaacs
- Nyla Rose defeated Delmi Exo
- The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens and Max Caster) defeated Baron Black and Tamilian Vineesh
- Varsity Blonds (Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison) defeated Bumz R’ Us (Milo Beasley and Ray Beez)
- Kris Statlander defeated Renee Michelle
- Matt Hardy defeated Jora Johl
- The Pinnacle (Shawn Spears and Wardlow) defeated Kal Herro & Ryzin
- Powerhouse Hobbs defeated Darian Bengston
- Jade Cargill defeated Robyn Renegade
- Eddie Kingston and Penta El Zero Miedo defeated Fuego Del Sol and Vary Morales
- Jungle Boy defeated Cezar Bononi
AEW Dark: Elevation In-Depth Match Analysis
Matt Sydal vs. Jack Evans
Our main event of the evening featured former WWE Tag Team Champion, Matt Sydal, facing off against high-flying superstar Jack Evans. This match came after TH2 (Angelico and Jack Evans) beat down Matt’s brother, Mike Sydal, following last week’s singles match. Evans was accompanied to the ring tonight by his partner, Angelico, and manager, “Big Money” Matt Hardy. Sydal made his way down to ringside with his brother, Mike.
The bell rung and the match was underway. Sydal and Evans start off ramming their heads against each other. They performed a typical leapfrog rope-cross spot leading to Evans getting the first advantage with a dropkick. Sydal would take advantage and land a standing shooting star press. Evans would outclass Sydal, landing a shooting star senton on his opponent. The entire theme of this match involved both men attempting to outsmart and out-fly each other.
Sydal would continue gaining an advantage but continuously have his momentum halted by Matt Hardy and Angelico’s interference. However, TH2’s plan was not as effective as first believed. In the finish of the match, Matt Sydal would drop Jack Evans with his legsweep driver for the pinfall victory. This match was easily the match of the night, and it’s exciting to see any sort of story on AEW Dark: Elevation – even if it’s between two people I don’t care much about. Shoutout to Matt Sydal and Jack Evans for consistently killing it when they’re booked.
Stay tuned to the Last Word on Pro Wrestling for more on this and other stories from around the world of wrestling, as they develop. You can always count on LWOPW to be on top of the major news in the wrestling world, as well as to provide you with analysis, previews, videos, interviews, and editorials on the wrestling world. You can catch AEW Dynamite Wednesday nights at 8 PM ET on TNT and AEW Dark: Elevation (Monday nights) and AEW: Dark (Tuesday nights) at 7 PM ET on YouTube.
Looking to talk wrestling, pro football, or any number of sports? Head on over to the LWOS Boards to engage in conversation with fellow fans!