Betting on a tennis match (or game, set, or point) can make it way more exciting. Given how many tennis odds are now available, tennis betting is soaring at legal online sportsbooks.
The best tennis betting sites have more pre-tourney odds, more live betting odds, and better apps to download with very cool features to track and bet on tennis across the globe.
Here’s how you can bet on tennis online in the US at top legal online betting sites.
Best Sportsbooks for Tennis Betting
ATP, WTA tennis odds at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings Sportsbook has so many tennis betting odds available it’s clearly one of the best sportsbooks for betting on the sport.
The tennis odds page on the platform lists:
- Live Tennis
- All Tennis
Markets separately and includes dozens of markets featuring currently running and upcoming tournaments. Plus, there’s updated content in a Tennis Betting news section. Drill down to any live match, and you’ll find betting opportunities, including:
- Match lines
- Point by point
- Game by game
Plus, ahead of any match, you can bet on the following:
- Match lines (Moneyline, Game Spread, Total Games)
- 1st Set
- Match props
- First game props
- First two game props
- First four game props
- Break props
- Player props
You’ll also find futures and outright markets where you can bet on tournament winners well ahead of big events and during every tournament on tour. In the past, DraftKings Sportsbook has also run valuable promos surrounding some of tennis’ Grand Slams. This included:
- Bet $1, Get $100 guaranteed Wimbledon promo
Expect free bet and odds boost promos for most Grand Slams, as well as competitive tennis match and futures odds for ATP and WTA events.
Tennis odds at FanDuel Sportsbook>
Every match is listed under the Featured, Live, Tournaments, Upcoming, and Grand Slams tabs. Plus, content on the page includes a Tennis Betting Odds guide, How to, and More Information.
Match betting includes:
- Set Betting
- To Win 1st Set
- Game Spread
- Total Match Games
- To win 1st set and win match
- Both Players to win a Set (Yes/No)
- Total Sets
- Player A to win at least one set
- Player B to win at least one set
- Correct Score 1st Set
- Correct Score 2nd Set
Plus, you’ll find a variety of live match betting markets and futures for Grand Slams available all year long.
FanDuel Sportsbook promos pop up for the Grand Slams but odds boosts are also offered around other tennis events. Examples previously included:
- Bet $5, Win $150 on Wimbledon
More Grand Slam promos can be expected, as well as competitive odds as FanDuel fights for a spot among the top tennis betting sites in the country.
Tennis odds at BetMGM Sportsbook
You’ll find Grand Slam Tournament, ATP, WTA, Challenger, and ITF odds all over the Tennis Odds page on the BetMGM sports app.
Live match betting markets include:
- Match Winner
- Set Winner
- Game Bets
- Set Bets
- Point Bets
Pre-match betting includes:
- Match Winner
- Set Winner
- Set Bets
- Most Games Won
BetMGM posts futures odds and promos for Grand Slams year round. This has included a BetMGM Australian Open Promo offering the chance to earn a 20% odds boost token every day throughout the tournament.
Tennis odds at Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook puts its juiciest futures odds for whichever Grand Slam is next up top on its Tennis Odds page. If there’s another tennis tournament, you’ll find odds for the latest matches right there as well.
Pre-match and live betting only seem to surround the moneyline until you dive deeper, clicking on a live match or pre-match market to find set bets, total games, handicaps, and more.
You can also bet on and follow live matches with a tracker that includes the following:
- Head to head
- Point by Point
- Set info
Futures odds for Grand Slams are also available all year long. Caesars Sportsbook has been known to run a variety of odds boosts and promos surrounding tennis’ biggest matches.
How to start betting tennis at online sportsbooks
No matter where you want to bet, you must first sign up for an account. Here’s how:
- Go to any sportsbook’s website through one of the links found on this page.
- Sign up on the sportsbook or download the app for iPhone or Android right there. Click the ‘Register,’ ‘Sign Up,’ or ‘Sign Me Up,’ button.
- Fill out the registration forms with your name, email, and Social Security Number (last four digits only.)
- Enter the bonus or promo code for the sportsbook listed on this page.
- Accept all terms and conditions.
- Deposit to cover your first bets.
Once you’re done, you can find tennis odds listed under the “Tennis” tab at most online sportsbooks. Then:
- Browse through the live and pre-match odds until you see something worth betting on.
- Click on those odds.
- Fill out the instantly created bet slip with an amount you wish to bet.
- Add other bets.
- Leave your bets on the slip as singles or create a parlay out of them.
- Click the “Place Bets” button at the bottom of the bet slip to confirm and place your bets.
How do tennis betting odds work
Basic tennis betting involves one of the following wagers:
Futures & outrights
Futures and outrights markets are where you bet on a player to win an ongoing or upcoming event. Many are open all year long as futures markets and become outrights markets when a tournament starts.
You book bets at the currently posted odds, which are mostly longer the further out from the start of a tournament. Even the big favorites can be found at favorable odds when an event is months away from starting.
Once it does start the odds change based on a player’s real chances of winning, the draw, and the performance of other players in the draw.
These same rules apply to the odds in each of the following match, game and set markets:
- Handicap Bets: Bets with a game spread or on the total games won by each player.
- Moneyline Bets: Bets on match winners.
- Set Betting: Bets on the results of a match in sets.
- To Win First Set: Bets on who will win the first set.
- Prop Bets: Event or player bets based on performance and stats.
- Match Spread Bets: Bets on a spread based on the number of games a player wins by.
- Tie Break: Bets on whether or not there will be a tie break.
Live tennis betting
Live Tennis Betting markets let you bet during ongoing matches. The bets are usually the same ones you can book prior to a match, but the odds constantly change with the action on the court in the match. You can also bet on every set, game, and point live.
Keep your sportsbook app open as you watch a match, or follow along directly on the app if you want to get in on the Live Tennis Betting action.
Here’s what live betting on a match looks like at Caesars Sportsbook:
Bet on Aussie Open, French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open
The tennis calendar is built around four annual Grand Slam tournaments:
- The Australian Open
- French Open
- US Open
Men, women, and doubles teams compete in separate draws for all Grand Slam events.
You can bet on who will win in futures markets open all year round and outrights markets once the events begin. Plus, there’s individual match betting and live betting for every single match in all four Grand Slam tournaments.
- Venue: Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Australia
- Dates: Mid-End of January
- Surface: Hard court
- Most wins: Novak Djokovic (9), Serena Williams (7)
- Official Twitter: @AustralianOpen
Check the best Australian Open promos.
- Venue: Roland-Garros in Paris, France
- Dates: Late May-Early June
- Surface: Clay
- Most wins: Rafael Nadal (14), Chris Evert (7)
- Official Twitter: @rolandgarros
Check the best French Open betting promos.
- Venue: All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club in London, England
- Dates: July
- Surface: Grass
- Most wins: Roger Federer (8), Steffi Graf, Serena Williams (7)
- Official Twitter: @Wimbledon
Check the best Wimbledon betting promos.
- Venue: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center at Flushing Meadows–Corona Park in Queens, New York City, NY
- Dates: Late August-Early Sept.
- Surface: Hard court
- Most wins: Pete Sampras/Ivan Lendl (8), Chris Evert (9)
- Official Twitter: @USOpen
Find the latest US Open betting promos.
Bet on Davis Cup, BJK Cup, or the Olympics
You can bet on other big tennis events in the same way when they’re running as well. This extends to events like the Davis Cup, Billie Jean King Cup, and the Olympics.
The Davis Cup is an international men’s singles and doubles team event. National teams qualify year-round for the annual 18-team Davis Cup Finals. The Billie Jean King Cup is the top international team competition in women’s tennis. It used to be called the Federation Cup. National teams qualify year-round for the annual 8-team Billie Jean King Cup Finals.
Olympic Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games includes both men’s and women’s tournaments with the top 56 players in the world rankings competing every four years. Olympic tennis is considered a fifth Grand Slam in the years it is held.
Sportsbook rules for betting tennis
Like anything else, there are rules sportsbooks follow when settling tennis bets and any disputes surrounding settlement decisions. This starts with:
- Settling all tennis bets in accordance with the official website of each tournament and its governing body.
- Not using live sportsbook scoreboards and trackers are to settle any action as delays or inaccuracies can occur. Nor should this info be counted on as 100% accurate for betting purposes.
- Letting all match bets and first set bets stand even if the number of sets scheduled is changed.
- Voiding all bets on cancelled matches and walkovers.
You’ll also find all the rules covering everything in Tennis betting inside most sportsbook’s published House Rules.