Legal and regulated US sportsbooks compete for your action with all kinds of sportsbook bonuses and promotions. Those often include:
- Free bets
- “Risk-free” bets
- Odds boosts
- Profit boosts
- Bet insurance
- Deposit bonuses
- Game-based bonuses
Here’s a look at how you can claim the best bonuses and promotions at the best US online betting sites.
Best sportsbooks for bonus offers
DraftKings Sportsbook promos & bonuses
- New Player Bonus: $50 Free + 20% Up to $1,000 On Deposit
- Promo Code: None Required – Just Click Here
- Bet $5 to win $200 in Free Bets if your first moneyline bet wins
- Mystery Boost up to 100% profit boost on select NBA bets
- Daily Boost up to 100% Bigger boost for each leg added to SGP
- Stepped Up Parlay up to 100% boost
- Even bigger boost for each NHL parlay leg added
- 50% SGPx Profit Boost get a boost when you combine SGPs with any other bet, World Series boosts/specials
Best Sport For Promos: DraftKings spreads it around fairly evenly between the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB in-season.
Total Value: New players can get $1,050 in total value and thousands more by taking advantage of the many odds boosts and profit boosts available.
BetMGM Sportsbook promos & bonuses
- New Player Bonus: Up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet
- Bonus Code: LWOSBONUS
- NBA First Basket Scorer Insurance – Free-bet refunds on losing first basket-scorer prop bets
- Insure Your Football One Game Parlay – Up to $25 Free Bet refunds if you miss one leg on NFL One Game Parlay bets with four legs+
- One Game Parlay Insurance For MLB – Up to $25 Free Bet refunds if you miss one leg on MLB playoff game One Game Parlays with at least four legs
- Up To $25 Back On Your NBA One Game Parlay – Free Bet refunds if you miss one leg on NBA One Game Parlays with at least four legs
- NHL One Game Parlay Insurance – Up to $25 Free Bet refunds if you miss one leg on NHL One Game Parlays with at least four legs
- EPL One Game Parlay Insurance – Up to $25 Free Bet refunds if you miss one leg on English Premier League One Game Parlays with at least four legs
Caesars Sportsbook promos & bonuses
- New Player Bonus: Up to $1,250
- Promo Code: NOWFULL
- Ticket Giveaways
- All Sport Parlay Insurance – Get a Free Bet up to $25 if you lose just 1 leg on a 4+ leg parlay
- Profit Boosts
- Odds Boosts
Best Sport For Promos: Caesars spreads around the odds boosts, profit boosts, and parlay insurance promos to all sports
Total Value: New players can get up to $1,250 in risk-free bet value and possibly hundreds more by taking advantage of the many odds boosts and parlay insurance promos at Caesars.
FanDuel Sportsbook promos & bonuses
- New Player Bonus: Bet $5 Get $150 in Free Bets
- Promo Code: None Required – Just Click Here
- No Sweat First Bet – Get up to $1,000 back in Free Bets if you don’t win your first bet
- TNT Tuesdays N Sweat SGP – Place a 3+ Leg, $1+ SGP or SGP+ on NBA TNT Game(s) and get a bonus in Free Bets if you lose
- Thursday Night No Sweat SGP – Place a 3+ Leg SGP on the Thursday Night Football game and get refunded in Free Bets if you lose
- Bet $5 on the NBA and get three months of NBA League Pass
- FanDuel NBA Perfect Picks free to play game
- Twisted College Football Picks free-to-play game
- NFL Hi-Lo free-to-play game
Best Sport For Promos: FanDuel offers more promos surrounding NFL betting odds and NBA betting odds than anything else.
Total Value: New players can bet $5 and get $150 in free bets and possibly thousands more by taking advantage of the many FanDuel No Sweat Bet promos and free-to-play games available.
How to use a sportsbook bonus or promo code
Bonus and promo codes tell sportsbooks who sent you their way while helping you get the best new player bonus you can.
You simply fill in the promo or bonus code field on the registration forms when you sign up using the promo or bonus code you find here. The sportsbook does the rest.
|Caesars||NOWFULL||Up to $1,250 on Caesars|
|BetMGM||LWOSBONUS||Up to $1,000 Risk-Free Bet|
What are ”Free Bets” and how do they work?
Free bets are like site credits you can use to place a bet at the sportsbook that gave it to you. It’s a free bet, not free cash, because you can’t just take the money and run, you have to bet it.
Most of the time, winning free bets only pay out the winnings, not the original free-bet stake.
You might try to take advantage of the Insure Your Football One Game Parlay promo at BetMGM, betting $25 on a four-leg One Game Parlay for the Jets game this Sunday.
Let’s say the Jets fail to cover the spread, you still win all but that one leg, and BetMGM gives you the $25 free bet refund the promo promised. Then, you take the $25 free bet and put it down on the Thunder vs. Clippers moneyline at 3.90 decimal odds. If Oklahoma City wins, you’ll get paid $72.50, which is strictly the winnings on the bet and does not include the $25 free-bet stake.
It’s hard to say what bets are best for using free bets. Most of the time, futures are out because you have a limited amount of time for a free bet to be settled. Most standard single-game bets have what you’re after, but you should probably avoid heavy favorites, since you’ll only collect the winnings, not the original free-bet stake.
That leaves standard longshots and high-paying parlays as your best free bets. These bets can be harder to win, but they pay off when they do.
What are “Risk-Free Bets” and how do they work?
Risk-Free bets offer you a site-credit/free-bet refund on losing bets. It’s a refund, but not a cash refund, because you can’t just take your money back and walk away. Instead, the refund comes as site credit or a free bet you have to bet with.
Let’s say you bet the maximum $1,250 on the Bucs to beat the Panthers this past weekend. Of course, the Bucs lost, but Caesars gave you the free bet the bonus promised you.
You then take this $1,250 free bet, which is for one-time use and cannot be divided across multiple bets, and put it down on the New Orleans Pelicans (+185) at home versus the Dallas Mavericks.
If New Orleans wins, you’ll get paid $2,312.50. That’s $1,250 less than the $3,562.50 you would have won if you’d bet with cash instead of a free bet, because when you use a free bet at Caesars, and it wins, the value of the free bet is not included in the winnings.
Again, it’s hard to say what bets are best for using risk-free bets. Most of the time, futures are out because you have a limited amount of time for these bets to be settled. Most standard single-game bets and parlays will work, but since these are bets where the risk is removed, longshots and high-paying parlays are likely your best bets.
What other bonuses are offered to new bettors?
Outside of the free bet and risk-free bet bonuses many sportsbooks offer new bettors, there are other types of bonuses new players can take advantage of. These generally include:
- Deposit Match Bonuses: The sportsbook will match a percentage of your initial deposit with bonus dollars. It’s often 100%, but you must make a deposit and meet all wagering requirements. That means betting the amount of the bonus a specific number of times. Wagering requirements can be as much as 20 times the bonus, making this type of bonus difficult to get your hands on. Look for high percentages, high limits, and low wagering requirements.
- No-Deposit Bonuses: No-deposit bonuses are much like free bets. The difference with no-deposit bonuses is that they can be used as a single free bet or multiple free bets. There’s usually a small one-time wagering requirement attached and no need to make a deposit, but no-deposit bonuses are almost always on the small side.
- Bet and Gets: Bet and Gets offer you a bigger-than-normal payoff on a small bet that’s practically guaranteed to win. The payoff usually comes as a free bet or a bunch of free bets. However, betting $5 to get $200 in free bets, a standard Bet and Get offer, is a great value.
|DraftKings||$50 free + 20% up to $1,000 on deposit||None Required – Just Click Here|
|FanDuel||No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000||None Required – Just Click Here|
What ongoing promotions will you find at online sportsbooks?
Outside of new player bonuses, sportsbooks run ongoing promotions for existing players. These often include:
- Odds Boosts: Most sportsbooks offer odds boosts daily, giving you better than normal odds on certain bets. Specific markets are often targeted but sometimes you can choose where to apply the odds boost. Of course, these promos only pay off if the boosted bet is a winner. BetMGM often boosts the odds on combination bets like an NBA team to win and the over by +80 or more.
- Profit Boosts: Like odds boosts, profit boosts get you bigger payouts on specific winning bets. It’s often a percentage increase on a winning bet. But again, these promos only offer value to winning bets. Caesars Sportsbook has been known to boost profits on NBA and NHL bets by 33% on certain days.
- Insurance: There are parlay insurance, overtime insurance, third-or-fourth-quarter insurance, and point insurance promos that all offer refunds on close-but-no-cigar bets. There’s always a limit on the size of the refund and it comes as a free bet, not cash, but it will help take the sting out of heartbreaking losses. DraftKings Sportsbook often runs a parlay insurance promo of up to $25 for 4+ leg parlays in any sport.
- Daily and Weekly Promos: Daily, weekly, and monthly promos are available for existing bettors at a lot of legal and regulated sportsbooks. For example, BetMGM offers a $10 free bet for anyone making $50 in bets the week before.
- Event Promos: Sportsbooks love a big event and will run promos surrounding them. For example, FanDuel ran a 56-1 odds boost for bets on the Super Bowl LVI moneyline.
- Free pools and contests: Look out for free-to-enter betting pools and different sponsored contests offering cash or free play prizes at your favorite sportsbook.
Terms and conditions for bonuses, free bets & promotions
Nothing comes without a few strings attached. You should always read the terms and conditions attached to any sportsbook promo or bonus. These will tell you:
- If the value of a free bet is included in the winnings or not
- What the wagering requirements on a bonus are and how to meet them
- How many legs need to be in your parlay for it to qualify for a promo
- The minimum odds a bet must offer for it to qualify for a promo
- The minimums and maximums for every aspect of a promo or bonus
Read the fine print because it will almost always include conditions you should be aware of.
Sportsbook bonuses FAQ
What is the maximum free bet or deposit bonus you can get?
The biggest free bet out there is the up to $1,250 you can get on Caesars. It’s a risk-free bet that’ll get you a free-bet refund of up to $1,250 if your first bet loses. The DraftKings deposit bonus is the biggest at 20% up to $1,000 on deposit.
How many free bets can I get at one or many sportsbooks?
New player bonuses at legitimate, legal, and licensed sportsbooks are limited to one per person. That’s one of the many reasons why you should sign up with multiple sportsbooks. You can take advantage of every one-time offer to get the maximum value out of your initial sportsbook experiences.
What are free bet bonus requirements?
Free bet or bonus requirements refer to the wagering requirements attached to these bonuses. These are the number of times you have to bet the bonus amount to withdraw.
What sports can I get bonuses or odds boosts for?
Unless otherwise specified, you can use most bonuses and promos to bet on any sport you want. Look out for minimum odds, maximum payouts, and if the sportsbook specifically says the promo you are after is only for certain events. If you want to bet on the NFL, or bet on the NBA, or even bet on the UFC, you’ll find new weekly odds boosts pretty much everywhere.
How do I cash out bonuses or wins from free bets?
You cash out bonus money or wins from free bets like you would anything else. Just make sure you have met any wagering requirements attached and make a withdrawal request for any amount included in your balance from the cashier.
Is there a maximum win on a free bet or bonus offer?
If there is, you can be sure the sportsbook you got the free bet or bonus offer from will have all that info spelled out in the offer’s terms and conditions. Most of the time, even if there is a maximum win, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a bet that pays over that amount.