March Madness is one of the most bet-on events in sports, but college basketball betting goes well beyond just the season-ending NCAA Tournament.
The best college basketball betting sites offer multiple betting options for every game plus futures odds that let you bet on CBB all year long.
Here’s how you can sign up and make your bets at the best NCAA basketball betting sites.
Best college basketball betting sites
FanDuel Sportsbook for college basketball betting
FanDuel online sportsbook may have the best NCAA basketball futures odds on the market. Plus, its game lines and props are always worth a look.
- Point Spreads
- NCAA Basketball Over Under
- March Madness Odds
- Odds to Win NCAA Tournament
- Odds to Make the Final Four
- Conference Winner Odds
FanDuel Sportsbook offers odds for every college basketball game from the start of the season through March Madness. Odds are released daily and refreshed up to the minute.
FanDuel always has March Madness promos and some of the largest free and paid bracket contests.
BetMGM Sportsbook for college basketball
BetMGM Sportsbook’s college basketball game lines and futures odds are as competitive as they come.
- Over/Under Totals
- Live odds
- College Basketball National Championship odds
BetMGM online sportsbook odds are always comparable to what you’ll find at DraftKings, FanDuel, and Caesars.
BetMGM also runs a $10 Million Perfect Bracket Challenge contest that pays out a $100,000 first prize for the best bracket. Previously, BetMGM gave up a $10 live bet to anyone betting $25 or more on a One Game CBB Parlay.
Caesars Sportsbook for NCAAB betting
Caesars Sportsbook aims high and low when it comes to college basketball lines. You’ll often find Caesars is half a point better on the spread and gives up slightly more value on the moneyline than competitors, including DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM.
- NCAA Tournament Winner
- Team Regular Season Wins
- Conference Winners
- Early Season Conference Tournament winners
- John Wooden Award winner
In the past, Caesars sportsbook promos for college basketball have included a Bet $20, Get $200 promo during March Madness. You might not see the free March Madness bracket contest other sportsbooks run at Caesars, but there’s plenty of college basketball betting value to be found here.
DraftKings Sportsbook for NCAA basketball
DraftKings online sportsbook gives you the biggest selection of live NCAA Basketball betting markets out there, and there’s plenty to bet on before games as well.
- First halves
- Player props on certain games
- National Championship futures
- Reach the Final Four futures
- Win the conference futures
- National Player of the Year futures
The DraftKings sportsbook software and app are super functional and easy to use. All the lines listed above are competitive. Plus, DraftKings Sportsbook runs massive free and paid entry March Madness odds and bracket contests.
College basketball promos at DraftKings have included as high as 40-1 odds boosts. In other words, you’re bound to find additional college basketball betting value at DK you won’t find even at top competitors like FanDuel, BetMGM, and Caesars.
Best college basketball betting apps
Sportsbook apps that feature college basketball odds allow you to place NCAA basketball bets on the go with most phones and tablets. You can access these apps wherever you are inside a state with legal mobile betting.
They give you access to the same college basketball game lines, futures, and props available at the online sportsbook and in person at any retail sportsbook.
Legal sportsbook apps in the US also open up the world of live college basketball betting. That means betting during games at odds that change with the action on the court.
Here’s a look at how you can get a sportsbook app featuring college basketball odds on your iPhone or iPad:
|Download and install sportsbook apps for iOS||Download and install sportsbook apps for Android|
- Best Ohio sportsbook apps
- Best Maryland sportsbook apps
- Best Massachusetts sportsbook apps
- Best California sportsbook apps
Best college basketball odds boosts and promos
The best college basketball betting sportsbooks run various promos during the season. Most surround March Madness, but there is value to be found all season long.
The best promos from the latest NCAA Basketball season should return in some form every year and include:
- DraftKings Sportsbook’s Bet $5, Win $200: A college basketball promo offering a 40-1 odds boost.
- FanDuel Sportsbook’s CBB Parlay Insurance: A refund of up to $25 in site credit if one leg of a 4+ leg CBB parlay loses.
- BetMGM’s CBB Bet & Get: Bet $25 or more on any One Game College Basketball Parlay and Get a $10 live bet.
- Caesars’ March Madness Bet & Get: Bet $20 to win $200 bet credit during the NCAA Tournament.
How to Bet NCAAB Online
You can choose where to take your college basketball action online and how exactly you want to do it. However, the registration, account management, and betting processes are pretty much all the same, no matter where you go and what type of device you use to go there.
Opening up an account, downloading a sportsbook app, managing your account, and placing bets is fairly easy. Here’s how:
- Pick a sportsbook that features college basketball betting odds and click through the links on this page.
- Click the download link specific to your phone and start the registration process once the app is installed, or start it on the sportsbook itself through the ‘Register’ or ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Fill out the sign-up forms with your personal and account info, including your name, email, and the last four digits of your Social. Here’s where you’ll also want to enter the bonus code or promo code specific to that sportsbook found on this page.
- Accept the sportsbook’s terms and conditions.
- Make a deposit using any available deposit method that’s convenient for you.
- Browse the NCAA Basketball betting markets and click on the odds you’d like to bet.
- Fill out the bet slip that’s instantly created with the amount you want to bet and add any other bets you’d like to.
- Click one final time to confirm and place your bets.
How to bet college basketball game lines
NCAA basketball game lines include the Spread, Moneyline, or Total.
The Spread involves betting on the favorite in a game minus a point spread put together by oddsmakers or the underdog plus the points. You book either bet at the odds as currently posted, but they will be close to even on both sides, thanks to the points.
The Moneyline involves betting on the favorite or the underdog to win a game outright. You book either bet at the odds as currently posted. However, they will be negative for the favorite, forcing you to lay money, and positive for the underdog, giving you odds on your bet.
Totals are bets on the total combined score landing over or under a line set by sportsbooks. You book either bet at the odds as currently posted, but they will be close to the same on both sides.
How to bet college basketball futures and props
NCAA basketball futures can include season-long bets on:
- Teams winning a certain number of games
- Winning the National Championship
- Reaching the Final Four
- Winning a conference title
- Player to win National Player of the Year
Most odds markets are available throughout the offseason and into the regular season and postseason. It’s downright hard to predict who will win the National Championship no matter what time of year it is.
There are too many teams in contention early and too many upsets late. Conference title bets are much easier to manage, and while they don’t offer the same size payday, these are the kind of futures you’ve got a better shot at winning.
Player props are rarer in college basketball because some states don’t allow bets on individual college-level athletes. If you do find them, they will surround player stat lines. The outcome of these bets can be hard to predict because even the best players are inconsistent at this level.
Alternate lines for college basketball
Alternatives to the standard college basketball point spread bets may be available. You can get better odds on your bet by giving away more points or you can improve your chances of winning by taking more points.
Just be aware of two things:
- Giving away more points makes a bet harder to win.
- Improving your chances of winning by taking more points means a smaller payout.
March Madness Odds
NCAA hoops features some 360 schools in 32 conferences across the country. Each conference crowns a champion through its own tournament and these 32 conference tournament winners get an automatic March Madness spot.
The NCAA Selection Committee selects another 36 at-large teams to fill up the field, seeds them all, and picks the teams that will have to play their way in through the First Four games.
In the end, 64 teams will play 67 games over three weeks in a traditional single-elimination tournament. You can bet on each game individually, but you can also bet on the tournament through traditional March Madness bracket contests and futures markets.
Online sportsbooks host a variety of free and paid-entry bracket contests just ahead of the start of the tournament. Plus, they have futures markets all year long, even before the NCAA Tournament field is set.
How to find the best NCAAB lines
If there’s a key to finding the best CBB lines it is shopping around. The lines might be different at different sportsbooks and if they move at one because of a big bet or public sentiment, they won’t necessarily move at any other.
That means you’ll quite often be able to find better lines or better prices by shopping around. Look at the college basketball lines at every online sportsbook available in your state before you bet and you’ll lay less and win more, boosting your bottom line.
Can I bet on college basketball in my state?
There are restrictions on college basketball betting in certain states. Here’s an alphabetical state-by-state list of restrictions:
- Arizona: No betting on college player or team props.
- Colorado: No betting on college player props.
- Delaware: No betting on games featuring Delaware schools.
- Illinois: No betting on games in Illinois or featuring Illinois schools.
- Indiana: No betting on live college player props.
- Iowa: No betting on college player props.
- Mississippi: No betting on college player props.
- Montana: No betting on games featuring Montana schools.
- New Hampshire: No betting on games featuring New Hampshire schools.
- New Jersey: No betting on games in New Jersey or featuring New Jersey schools.
- New York: No betting on games in New York, featuring New York schools, or college player props.
- Oregon: No college sports betting.
- Pennsylvania: No betting on college player props.
- Rhode Island: No betting on games in Rhode Island or featuring Rhode Island schools.
- Tennessee: No betting on college player props or live college team props.
- Virginia: No betting on games in Virginia, featuring Virginia schools, or college player props.
- Washington: No betting on games in Washington or featuring Washington schools.
- Washington DC: No betting on games in Washington DC or featuring Washington DC schools.
- West Virginia: No betting on college player props.
College basketball betting rules at online sportsbooks
Most sportsbooks will post house rules for how they handle specific situations that may arise when you’re betting on college basketball. These rules may include the following:
- College basketball bets are settled based on results and stats provided by the NCAA and its official data supplier.
- All bets are voided on games postponed to a different date.
- Overtime counts unless otherwise stated.
- The half must be completed for first-half and second-half bets to stand.
- College Basketball second-half bets include overtime.
- Double Result (Halftime/Full time) bets include overtime.