The Los Angeles Dodgers (74-46) and the Miami Marlins (63-59) are gearing up for an exhilarating matchup at Dodger Stadium. Both teams have been performing well lately, with the Dodgers riding an impressive 11-game winning streak and the Marlins winning five of their last 10 games. This game promises to be a thrilling battle as two talented teams square off.
Dodgers and Marlins Set to Face Off in Exciting MLB Clash
The Dodgers, leading the National League West division, have been in exceptional form. With a strong record of 74-46, they currently sit second in the league standings. They boast a formidable offense, led by standout players like Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts. The team’s starting pitcher for this game will be Tony Gonsolin, who holds a respectable record of 8-4 and an ERA of 4.24.
The Marlins, on the other hand, hold a solid record of 63-59 and are third in the National League East division. They have had a decent season so far and are looking to continue their upward momentum. Sandy Alcantara will take the mound as the starting pitcher for the Marlins, with a record of 5-10 and an ERA of 4.09.
This exciting clash will take place on Friday, August 18th, at 7:10 PM local time at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. The game will be broadcast on SportsNet LA.
What to Expect in the Game
– Look out for an intense pitching matchup between Tony Gonsolin of the Dodgers and Sandy Alcantara of the Marlins.
– Keep an eye on the Dodgers’ offensive prowess, with key players like Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts leading the charge.
– Watch for any unexpected heroes to emerge, as both teams have players who are capable of delivering big performances.
– The Marlins will aim to disrupt the Dodgers’ winning streak and secure a victory on the road.
– Don’t miss the exciting head-to-head battles between the Dodgers’ strong lineup and the Marlins’ pitching staff.
– J.D. Martinez (DH, Groin, Day-to-Day)
– Gavin Lux (SS, Knee, D60)
– J.P. Feyereisen (RP, Shoulder, D60)
– Yency Almonte (RP, Knee, D15)
– Michael Grove (SP, Lat, D15)
– Jimmy Nelson (RP, Elbow, D60)
– Blake Treinen (RP, Shoulder, D60)
– Joe Kelly (RP, Forearm, D15)
– Dustin May (SP, Forearm, D60)
– Jake Marisnick (CF, Hamstring, D60)
– Jonny Deluca (LF, Hamstring, D10)
– Walker Buehler (SP, Elbow, D60)
– Daniel Hudson (RP, Knee, D60)
– Shelby Miller (RP, Neck, D60)
– Alex Reyes (RP, Shoulder, D60)
– Tyler Cyr (RP, Shoulder, D60)
– Tommy Nance (RP, Shoulder, D60)
– Matt Barnes (RP, Hip, D60)
– JT Chargois (RP, Rib, D15)
– Trevor Rogers (SP, Forearm, D60)
– Jonathan Davis (CF, Knee, D60)
– Anthony Bender (RP, Elbow, D60)
– Huascar Brazoban (RP, Hamstring, D15)
– Max Meyer (SP, Elbow, D60)
Main photo credits:
Rich Storry-USA TODAY Sports