The Tampa Bay Rays (71-48) will host the Cleveland Guardians (56-62) at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg on Sunday. Both teams will be looking to make a statement as they battle it out on the diamond.
Eflin and the Rays face off against Bibee and the Guardians
The Rays are currently sitting in 3rd place in the American League standings and 2nd in the East division. They have been in solid form lately, winning six of their last 10 games and carrying a 2-game winning streak. Tampa Bay will be sending Zach Eflin to the mound. Eflin boasts an impressive record of 12-6 and a solid ERA of 3.34. He will be a key factor in the Rays’ pursuit of victory.
On the other side, the Guardians find themselves in 11th place in the American League standings and 2nd in the Central division. They have struggled recently, winning only three of their last 10 games and entering the matchup on a two-game losing streak. Tanner Bibee will take the mound for Cleveland. Bibee has been strong this season with a record of 8-2 and a stellar ERA of 2.92. He will be looking to stifle the Rays’ potent lineup.
The game is scheduled to take place on Sunday, August 13, at 1:40 PM Eastern Time. Fans can catch all the action on BSSUN.
Key Matchup to Watch:
– Yandy Díaz, the Rays’ first baseman, leads the team in batting average with an impressive .323. Keep an eye on him as he looks to continue his hot streak at the plate.
– Isaac Paredes and Jose Siri are tied for the Guardians’ home run leaders with 23 each. They will be aiming to showcase their power against Eflin and the Rays’ pitching staff.
Tampa Bay Rays:
– Jeffrey Springs (SP, Elbow, D60)
– Andrew Kittredge (RP, Elbow, D60)
– Drew Rasmussen (SP, Flexor, D60)
– Taylor Walls (2B, Oblique, D10)
– Shane Baz (SP, Elbow, D60)
– Francisco Mejía (C, Knee, D10)
– Tyler Glasnow (SP, Back, Day-to-Day)
– Shane McClanahan (SP, Forearm, D60)
– Garrett Cleavinger (RP, Knee, D60)
– Shane Bieber (SP, Elbow, D60)
– Cal Quantrill (SP, Shoulder, D15)
– Tyler Freeman (3B, Shoulder, D10)
– Triston McKenzie (SP, Elbow, D60)
– David Fry (1B, Hamstring, D10)
– Josh Naylor (1B, Side, D10)
Main photo credits:
Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Zach Eflin, Tanner Bibee, Yandy Diaz, Isaac Paredes, Jose Siri, Jeffrey Springs, Andrew Kittredge, Drew Rasmussen, Taylor Walls, Shane Baz, Francisco Mejia, Tyler Glasnow, Shane McClanahan, Garrett Cleavinger, Shane Bieber, Cal Quantrill, Tyler Freeman, Triston McKenzie, David Fry, Josh Naylor