Last night, we witnessed an eleven-match card. Here are the AEW Dark: Elevation results, star ratings, and an in-depth match analysis of the main event of the evening.
AEW Dark: Elevation Results (6/14/2021)
- Wardlow defeated Jason Hotch via Referee’s Decision in 1:17 – o.25 Star Match
- The Nightmare Family (Dustin Rhodes and Lee Johnson) defeated Travis Titan and VSK via Pinfall in 3:07 – 0.75 Star Match
- Angelico defeated Mike Sydal via Submission in 5:13 – 1.5 Star Match
- Shawn Spears defeated Falco via Pinfall in 2:43 – 0.75 Star Match
- Private Party (Marq Quen and Isiah Kassidy) defeated Carlie Bravo and Dean Alexander via Pinfall in 4:54 – 1 Star Match
- Eddie Kingston and Penta El Zero Miedo defeated Arik Cannon and Kevin Blackwood via Pinfall in 3:02 – 0.25 Star Match
- Julia Hart defeated Dani Jordyn via Pinfall in 3:14 – 0.50 Star Match
- The Factory (Aaron Solow and QT Marshall) defeated Deonn Rusman and Joe Keys via Pinfall in 3:53 – 0.75 Star Match
AEW Dark: Elevation In-Depth Match Analysis
Scorpio Sky vs. Alex Reynolds
Tonight, our main event of the evening features one-half of Men of the Year, Scorpio Sky, and Dark Order member, Alex Reynolds. Sky makes his way down to ringside with his trademark pyro and theatrics. That woke me up for the ending of this slug of a show. For this match, we also have Ethan Page on commentary. This match builds well towards Page and Sky’s handicap match against Darby Allin this coming Friday on AEW: Dynamite.
The bell rings, and this match is underway. Starting off, Reynolds and Sky start off with some strikes. Reynolds would drop Sky with a clothesline and a suplex. Thematically, this match consists of Reynolds getting a surprising amount of offense in with Scorpio kicking out at every stage.
This match is very fast-paced and exciting when Reynolds is in control, but Sky tends to slow things down when taking over. Throughout the match, Sky chop blocks Reynolds in the back of the knee. Reynolds would sell the knee the rest of the match, and it would eventually be his downfall.
In the finish of the match, Reynolds would head to the top rope and attempt a moonsault. However, Sky would roll out of the way causing Reynolds to land on the knee. Scorpio would sinch in a kneebar on Reynolds, submitting the Dark Order member and winning the match. This was a decent match.
Overall, this show was below average. There were some decent moments, but you could leave this show untouched if you haven’t watched it already. Nothing super special on this card – but hey, that’s AEW Dark: Elevation!
Sleeper Hit Of The Show: Angelico vs. Mike Sydal
Low Of The Show: Nyla Rose vs. Megan Bayne
Match Of The Night: Angelico vs. Mike Sydal
Stay tuned to the Last Word on Pro Wrestling for more on this and other stories from around the world of wrestling, as they develop. You can always count on LWOPW to be on top of the major news in the wrestling world, as well as to provide you with analysis, previews, videos, interviews, and editorials on the wrestling world. You can catch AEW Dynamite Wednesday nights at 8 PM ET on TNT and AEW Dark: Elevation (Monday nights) and AEW: Dark (Tuesday nights) at 7 PM ET on YouTube.
Looking to talk wrestling, pro football, or any number of sports? Head on over to the LWOS Boards to engage in conversation with fellow fans!