Following the massive #SpeakingOut movement that swept through professional wrestling during June, Ireland’s premier promotion, Over The Top (OTT) Wrestling, has announced sweeping changes to their promotion at the top, as well as new changes with their wrestling schools. OTT acted quickly on early allegations, stripping David Starr of the OTT World Championship as soon as the news broke.
According to their press release issued by promoter Joe Cabray, the following has been updated or instituted going forward with the company:
- Anne O’Brien has been named the Head of Talent Relations. Anne has a 20-year career in the entertainment industry, including pro wrestling, and will now be the talent liaison for any concerns and will be in touch with the company’s wrestling schools.
- All Management, Performers, and staff will undergo Garda security training
- OTT has acquired the assets from the Wrespect Wrestling School and will be re-launching the School of Pro Wrestling NI in Lisburn, Northern Ireland in a coordinated effort between their other schools, School of Wrestling in Dublin and Belfast. Former 2x OTT Women’s Champion “Session Moth” Martina, who also currently works for Ring of Honor, is joining the schools as a new trainer.
- A new OTT Board of Members has been established and will feature the following names on the board:
- Joe Cabray, Promoter, Head Trainer
- LJ Cleary, Wrestler, Fight Factory Pro Wrestling (FFPW) Trainer
- Debbie Keitel, Wrestler, FFPW Liason
- “Session Moth” Martina, 2x OTT Women’s Champion, Wrestler, Trainer
- Katey Harvey, 2x OTT Women’s Champion, Wrestler, FFPW Trainer
Stay tuned to the Last Word on Pro Wrestling for more on this and other stories from around the world of wrestling, as they develop. You can always count on LWOPW to be on top of the major news in the wrestling world, as well as to provide you with analysis, previews, videos, interviews, and editorials on the wrestling world. You can watch Over the Top on OTT On Demand.