In a video posted to their social media channels, Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW) had sadly revealed that all of their shows, as well as the Wrestling Experience Scotland (WXS) events, have been postponed to 2021 due to the ongoing events in the world. The Glasgow-based promotion had previously moved their shows from earlier in the year to the summer, however, the situation hasn’t improved enough for them to even consider promoting a show in front of a live audience.
— ICW (@InsaneChampWres) June 17, 2020
With the few shows they had, it was clear that 2020 was set to be a major year for ICW, with the 9th Annual Square Go! being a pivotal night for the company that saw a changing of the guard if you will. As for the WXS shows, the brainchild of former ICW World Heavyweight Champion and ICW backstage producer RUDO Lightning, there had only been one this year – the debut show under the ICW banner. Needless to say, the news comes as a severe disappointment to both fans and everyone involved, both in-ring and behind the scenes, however, it simply couldn’t be avoided.
In some good news though, ICW head honcho Mark Dallas has stated that there are plans to produce matches behind closed doors when it’s safe to do so, leaving something to look forward to for all ICW fans. Additionally, the team will continue to work as hard as ever to continue producing brand new weekly content for both ICW On Demand and ICW’s other online channels.
A full list of postponed ICW and WXS shows can be found below;
- Fight Club at the Garage, Glasgow – moved from September 13th, 2020 to January 17th, 2021
- Fight Club at Northumbria University, Newcastle-upon-Tyne – moved from July 25th, 2020 to February 28th, 2021
- Fight Club at the Garage, Glasgow – moved from September 27th, 2020 to March 28th, 2021
- Shug’s Hoose Party 7 at the O2 Academy, Glasgow – moved from July 27th, 2020 to July 25th, 2021
- Fear & Loathing XIII at the Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow – moved from November 14th & 15th, 2020 to November 20th & 21st, 2021
- WXS at the Citadel Leisure Centre, Ayr – moved from March 21st, 2020 to a date TBC
- WXS at the Reconnect Regal Theatre, Bathgate – moved from August 1st, 2020 to April 24th, 2021
- WXS at the Rothes Halls, Glenrothes – moved from August 30th, 2020 to May 9th, 2021
- WXS at the Beach Leisure Centre, Aberdeen – moved from August 22nd, 2020 to June 5th, 2021
- WXS at the Community Central Halls, Maryhill – moved from October 17th, 2020 to a date TBC
- WXS at the Ironworks Music Venue, Inverness – moved from September 26th, 2020 to a date TBC
Stay tuned to the Last Word on Pro Wrestling for more on this and other stories from around the world of wrestling, as they develop. You can always count on LWOPW to be on top of the major news in the wrestling world, as well as to provide you with analysis, previews, videos, interviews, and editorials on the wrestling world. You can catch all of the ICW action using ICW On Demand.