Charles Barkley is a retired NBA player who is known not only for his skills on the court, but also for his outspoken and often controversial comments off the court. Over the years, Barkley has given us some of the most memorable quotes in sports history. Here are the top 10 Charles Barkley quotes.
Top 10 Charles Barkley Quotes With Video!
- “I’m not a role model… Just because I dunk a basketball doesn’t mean I should raise your kids.” – This quote is often cited as one of Barkley’s most famous. In it, he argues that athletes should not be viewed as role models and that it is not their responsibility to raise children.
- “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.” – Barkley is known for speaking his mind and not holding back, but he also believes that many of the controversies he’s been involved in are already present in society.
- “I’m not paid to be a role model. I’m paid to wreak havoc on the basketball court.” – This quote is similar to Barkley’s first famous quote, but with a bit more humor. It shows that Barkley knows his role as a basketball player and doesn’t take himself too seriously.
- “I’m not trying to be the next Michael Jordan, I’m trying to be the first Charles Barkley.” – Barkley has often been compared to Michael Jordan throughout his career, but he has always maintained that he is his own person with his own style of play and personality.
- “I don’t believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can’t be measured. You can’t measure a ballplayer’s heart.” – Barkley has often expressed skepticism towards statistics and analytics in basketball. He believes that there are intangible qualities that can’t be quantified, such as heart and determination.
- “I may be wrong, but I doubt it.” – This quote is a classic example of Barkley’s confidence and self-assuredness. He doesn’t shy away from his opinions, even when they may be unpopular.
- “I love everybody. Some I love to be around, some I love to avoid, and others I’d love to punch in the face.” – Barkley has a reputation for being a lovable, affable guy, but he’s also not afraid to admit that there are some people he doesn’t get along with.
- “I’m not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict.” – Barkley is known for being an optimist and a glass-half-full kind of guy. This quote shows that he refuses to listen to naysayers and is always looking on the bright side.
- “My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, ‘Hey, I’m rich.'” – Barkley has never shied away from politics and has often made controversial statements on the subject. This quote shows his irreverent sense of humor.
- “I think that the team that wins game five will win the series. Unless we lose game five.” – This quote is a classic example of Barkley’s wit and sense of humor. It’s a bit of a paradox, but it also shows that he’s always looking for a way to inject some levity into serious situations.
In conclusion, Charles Barkley is one of the most entertaining and outspoken figures in the world of sports. His quotes have made us laugh, think, and even cringe at times, but they have always been memorable.