MCW Cancels Ballroom Brawl

Ballroom Brawl

Like many wrestling promotions across the globe the impact of COVID-19 has seen a plethora of shows being forced to postpone or outright cancel. Today Melbourne City Wrestling (MCW) has been forced to add yet another casualty to that list with the cancellation of their annual event, Ballroom Brawl.

This years iteration of Ballroom Brawl was slated to occur on June 13. However, with many restrictions around social gathering still being enforced throughout Australia management has been forced to make the “difficult decision to cancel” the event.

In their statement MCW said, “This isn’t a decision that we’ve made lightly, as fans travel from across Australia (and the world) for Ballroom Brawl, and this years event was to be no exception. That said, we believe that your health and safety is more important at the moment.”

With no indication on when events may be able to occur again the company chose to move forward with a cancellation rather than postponement.

Fans who had already purchased tickets to Ballroom Brawl will be issued refunds in the coming days.

Until MCW is able to return in a normal capacity they ask fans to support them via their MCW Encore on-demand platform. MCW Encore includes content from MCW itself plus Insane Championship Wrestling, Big Japan Pro Wrestling, and Combat Zone Wrestling.

Stay tuned to the Last Word on Pro Wrestling for more on this and other stories from around the world of wrestling, as they develop. You can always count on LWOPW to be on top of the major news in the wrestling world, as well as to provide you with analysis, previews, videos, interviews, and editorials on the wrestling world.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.