We’re crunched the numbers, looked through the stats and brought you 14 wacky and wonderful facts from Round Five of the premier French League.
14 Top14 Round Five Facts and Figures
- Perpignan recorded their first victory of the season- the last Top14 side to do so- and got their first points in the standings.
- La Rochelle, Bayonne and Castres spent the whole 80 minutes of their match behind on the scoreboard.
- Four matches finished within a try (five points); Racing 92 v Lyon, Perpignan v Toulon, Oyonnax v La Rochelle and Pau v Toulouse.
- Three players scored two Tries: Alivereti Raka (Clermont), Jeremy Ward and Lucas Peyresblanques (both Stade Francais).
- Every team that led at half time, went on to win the match.
- Toulouse was the only side that failed to score a single point during a half of a game (their second 40 minutes against Pau).
- 100% of home sides secured victory.
- A total of five tries were scored after the 79th minute mark; Tristan Tedder for Racing 92 at Paris La Défense Arena, Keiran Brookes for Toulon, Raka for Clermont, Thierry Paiva for La Rochelle and Levan Chilachava for Castres.
- Clermont notched the most first half points (22), and the most second half points (24).
- La Rochelle scored the fewest first half points (three), whilst Toulouse had the worst second half showing with zero points accrued.
- Montpellier did not make a solitary line-break against Bordeaux.
- The two leading points scorers of the Round are both foreign international players; Tommaso Allan (Italy) with 16 points, and Domingo Miotti (Argentina) with 14 points.
- Toulon had more than twice as many 22m entries than Perpignan (12 v 5), yet still went on to lose the match.
- Oyonnax had the biggest tackle differential. They laid on 112 tackles to just 52 from their opponents Lyon.
Note: Round Six starts on the weekend as Stade Toulousain faces USA Perpignan at 3:00 PM CEST on Saturday at Stade Ernest-Wallon.