The weird, the wacky, the numbers and names, we’ve got the Top14 Round Three covered. Larissa Falls delves deep to look at the best facts and figures from the French domestic league competition from last weekend’s action.
14 Facts from Top14 Round Three
- There were five multiple-try scorers in Top14 Round Three action last weekend: Paul Graou (Toulouse), Jordan Joseph, Thomas Laclayat, Wame Naituvi (all Racing 92), and Jack Maddocks (Pau)
- Toulouse managed the only Away victory of the weekend. This meant Oyonnax was the sole side to have lost their Home fixture this round
- Just the one game saw no cards; Bordeaux v Toulon.
- Joe Simmonds (Pau) was top scorer with 20 points
- Racing’s tally of 59 points, is the highest number scored in a single game so far this 2023/2024 season.
- Bayonne are the first team to be nilled. Whilst Castres are the only club to have held their opponents scoreless.
- Two teams failed to score a first-half point this round; Perpignan, Bayonne. Three teams failed to score a second-half point in Round Three; Lyon, Montpellier, and a downtrodden Bayonne.
- The biggest half-time lead of the season goes to Racing92 in their clash versus Perpignan; 33-0! WOW
- Stade Francais continue their 100% winning record this season; three matches played for three victories
- This is the first round of the season in which no Red Card were issued. Tres Bien
- Racing’s nine tries notched against Perpignan, is the most scored by a single team in a game.
- For the first time this season, two sides didn’t reach double digits on the final scoreboard: Montpellier (nine points), Bayonne (zero points earned)
- La Rochelle made eight times as many clean breaks, beat 2 times as many defenders, had 60% of possession, yet still lost to Clermont.
- Racing92 players beat a staggering combined 33 Perpignan defenders! The highest number so far this season.
Enjoy more from this popular series, with Top14 Round One fun facts here.
“Main photo credit Wikimedia Creative Commons“