If you love a stat or fact, then you’ve come to the right place! Larissa Falls has broken down the names and numbers ahead of the French Top14 Round Six, to bring you 14 fun and funky slithers of information.
14 Fun Facts from Top14 Round Six
- Pau recorded their fifth victory in a row.
- The two top points scorers from Round 6 both came from the same match: Paddy Jackson (Lyon) with 22 points, and Zach Henry (Stade Francais) with a total of 21 points
- La Rochelle v Bayonne was the only try-less game [18-15, all kicks]
- Camille Lopez scored 100% of his team’s (Bayonne) points
100% – @avironrugbypro’s Camille Lopez is the only player to have maintained a 100% place-kick success rate among players from the major European leagues with 10+ attempts this season (16/16) – Lopez has also kicked three of the six successful #T14 drop goals this season. Tee. pic.twitter.com/7jyYCOqWuk
— OptaJonny (@OptaJonny) November 14, 2023
- Lyon and Montpellier lost at Home. This means Stade Francais and Clermont were the only sides to win Away
- The Toulouse v Perpignan game recorded a record 10 tries
- Just three sides scored points inside the last 10 minutes of play; La Rochelle, Castres, Lyon
- Both Simmonds Brothers scored points for their respective sides: Joe Simmonds for Pau, and Sam Simmonds for Montpellier
- Racing’s Henry Arundell was the sole multi-try scorer, and he did so with a Hat-Trick on debut!
All three of Henry Arundell’s tries in his Racing 92 debut last night ⤵️
— Tight Five Rugby (@TightFive_Rugby) November 13, 2023
Critical analysis of French Top14 Round Six action
- Perpignan recorded the most turnovers won with an impressive 13
- Toulouse made zero ‘dominant tackles’, despite going on to defeat Perpignan
- Four teams did not lead for even one minute of their clashes: Perpignan, Montpellier, Oyonnax, and Racing 92
- The only player to record a Drop Goal in Round Six was Camille Lopez (see main image)
- Oyonnax were the only team that failed to score a point in a half of rugby, notching zero points in the second period against Castres.
Another week of French club rugby, and the topics and outcomes reflect a variety of facts and figures available. Larissa Falls has created this series of 14 Fun Facts to celebrate the domestic league, as well as those men competing amongst the best in Europe.
“Main photo credit courtesy of Top14 webpage”