Position: Wide Reciever
Weight: 220 pounds
School: USC Trojans
Combine Performance Data
40-yard dash: 4.52 seconds
Bench press: 13 reps
Vertical jump: 36.5 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 1 inch
Three-cone drill: 6.96 seconds (fourth-best among wide receivers)
20-yard shuttle: 4.14 seconds (second-best among wide receivers)
Michael Pittman Jr. 2020 NFL Draft Profile
Michael Pittman Jr. played wide receiver for USC. He’s a four-year contributor but absolutely exploded his senior season. He led the Pac-12 in receptions and yardage as a senior. He caught 101 passes for 1275 yards and 11 touchdowns. His reception total was good for fourth-best in the nation. He did not play with an elite quarterback, as the Trojans experienced multiple injuries this season at the position. That makes his stat totals all the more impressive.
Pittman Jr. played his high school football at Oaks Christian School in Westlake Village, CA. As a senior, he hauled in 81 receptions for 1990 yards and 24 touchdowns. He was named first-team all American and played in the All-American Bowl. He originally was going to attend UCLA but instead opted for USC. The Bruins loss turned out to be the Trojans gain and Pittman Jr. looks to boost another team’s passing game on Sunday’s next season.
Michael Pittman Jr. is a big, athletic wide receiver who projects somewhere in the second to the third round. I believe he has the necessary tools to be a difference-maker in the NFL. His ability to block makes him more valuable than his pass-catching skills alone.
- Size, he’s a big target and his muscular frame makes him difficult to deal with.
- Pittman Jr. is a very good blocker in the running game.
- Pittman Jr. rates well above-average in contested pass catches.
- He’s a solid route runner and is effective in the red zone.
- Michael Pittman Jr. has really good hands and doesn’t drop many passes.
- Michael Pittman Jr. doesn’t have elite speed and can struggle to separate.
- He needs to work on getting off the ball better and getting into his routes.
- Not as fast or athletic as he appears on tape. Needs to improve speed.
- Pittman Jr. does not excel in any one area.
- He has been knocked for taking plays off during the course of the game.
NFL Comparison: Courtland Sutton, Broncos
Teams With Need at Position: Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Las Vegas Raiders, Baltimore Ravens, Seattle Seahawks
Projection: Late second-early third
Michael Pittman Jr. had eye-popping stats in his senior season at USC. More importantly than that, he dominated at the Senior Bowl. He was a force during practices and was said to have caught the eye of many scouts. He should be a solid contributor at the next level.
Embed from Getty Images