Golf is the oldest and one of the most interesting games played around the world. It originated in the 15th century in Scotland.
The PGA Tour is one of the most exciting and amazing golf tournaments because of the different tours and level of competition it brings. Professional players compete with each other to win the FedEx Cup. The Winner of the FedEx cup in 2020 was Dustin Johnson.
Tournaments organized under PGA Tour include PGA Tour Champions, Korn Ferry Tour, PGA Tour Latinamerica, PGA Tour Canada, PGA Tour China and others outside the USA.
Schedule and Venues
The schedule for PGA Tour 2021 was announced on August 3, 2021. The season will begin on 13 September 2021 and end on 28 August 2022. The total number of official events this season will be 48.
Five Facts About The FedEx Cup
1. This trophy was introduced in 2005 and was first awarded in 2007 to Tiger Woods.
2. The most recent champion of the FedEx Cup (i.e. winner of the 2020 FedEx Cup) is Dustin Johnson.
3. The championship winner is rewarded with $15 million and the trophy, while the second and third-place winners receive $5 million and $4 million respectively.
4. Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods have won the FedEx Cup twice, and the record for most titles of the FedEx Cup is held by these two players.
5. This trophy was created by Tiffany and Co. and has become one of the most prestigious trophies of the sport.
Top Two Tournaments Organized By The PGA Tour
PGA Tour Champions: It’s also known as the Senior PGA or Champions Tour. This tournament is for golfers who are 50 years of age or older.
Korn Ferry Tour: This is a developmental tour for the PGA Tour. It’s organized for players who fail to gather enough FedEx points to reach the PGA Tour level.
Types Of Betting In PGA Tour
Betting in golf requires experience, knowledge, and the art of interpreting betting odds. Here, betting on favorites isn’t a good option if you’re a novice. You need to possess an adequate understanding of the subject so you can make big money at the end of the day. Below are the betting types in golf.
1. Winner: In this type of bet you just need to bet on the player who will win the week’s tournament.
2. Matchups: In a matchup, you have to predict which golfer will perform better of your selected two players.
3. Finish Placement: In this type of bet, you have to bet on a player to finish in the top 5, top 10 or top 20.
To place a precise bet, you need to have an up-to-mark understanding of PGA odds. If you’re a starter, you should only stake money that you can afford to lose. To grow in the field of betting, bet with 2 to 5% of your bankroll.
The PGA Tour is one thrilling golf tournament. The winner of the championship is rewarded with a FedEx Cup and a cash prize of $15 million.
The 2021 – 2022 PGA Tour is scheduled to start on 13th September 2021. Many fans of the sport and non-fans alike (bettors) are eagerly waiting for the tournament to begin. Several bettors are excited to make big money in this tournament.
Betting in golf tournaments is neither a cakewalk nor an uphill task. With adequate understanding and art of interpreting odds, you can place an accurate bet.