Height: 5′ 11 1/2”
Weight: 206 pounds
Darrick Forrest 2021 NFL Draft Profile
- Run defense is great, major alpha in this area
- Has the strength to cover tight ends when needed
- Three-year starter, plenty of college reps
- Smart at processing the play in front of him
- Has shown flashes on special teams
- Lacks make-up speed to make up for mistakes at the NFL level
- Below average change of direction skills, gets caught leaning
- No stand-out traits
- Open field tackling needs improvement, arm tackles too often
- Can play the ball better, passes defended numbers need improvement.
NFL Comparison: Vonn Bell
Projection: Day 3 pick
Bottom Line on Darrick Forrest
Often times with late-round picks, teams are shooting for the high ceiling. In Forrest’s case, his ceiling may not be extremely high, but his floor is higher than most late-round dart throws. He is seasoned at the safety position and was able to get plenty of college reps at Cincinnati. While he isn’t generating a ton of buzz, his versatility and the leadership abilities that he’s shown bring appeal to NFL teams and coaches.
He’s got good adequate athletic skills to provide a good depth player right away at the NFL level, combined with his scheme versatility, his options on draft day should be plentiful. An underrated part of his game that will help raise his stock more is his ability to contribute on special teams, a vital part of the game for late-round picks in the NFL. Predicting the draft slot for Forrest is difficult, considering how many offensive players are expected to go in the top 150, but with his pro-day and track record on the field, he should expect his name called in the top 150.
Embed from Getty Images