Position: Wide Reciever
Weight: 220 pounds
School: Colorado Buffaloes
Combine Performance Data
40-yard dash: 4.58 seconds
Bench press: 17 reps
Laviska Shenault 2020 NFL Draft Profile
Laviska Shenault played wide receiver for the University of Colorado. He played as a freshman but didn’t get a lot of action. His sophomore season was his best and his junior season he also did well. This season he caught 56 passes for 764 yards and four touchdowns. Laviska Shenault had a better year statistically as a sophomore when he caught 86 passes for 1011 yards and six touchdowns. He checks all of the boxes that GMs look for when evaluating talent. Shenault did suffer a toe injury his senior year, but it looks to be a non-factor at the next level.
Shenault played his high school football at DeSoto High School in DeSoto, TX. As a senior, he hauled in 46 receptions for 825 yards and nine touchdowns. He committed and attended the University of Colorado.
Laviska Shenault has grown his trademark dreadlocks to honor his father, who was killed when Shenault was 10 years old. His father was struck and killed by a car in front of his family, on a family vacation. Shenault has grown his hair to honor his late father. Shenault is a smart man and has an incredible football IQ. He routinely helps get his offense lined up correctly and is said to be a maven in the video room.
- Size, he’s a big target and his muscular frame makes him difficult to deal with.
- Shenault is very versatile. He played WR, slot, HB, and Tight End at Colorado.
- His hands are rated well above-average. He catches the ball well away from his body.
- Explosive big-play ability. Shenault has good high-end speed and can seperate in the secondary.
- Seen as being an NFL ready prospect. He can do it all at a high level.
- Shenault is not known as the best route-runner coming out of college.
- Leans on speed and athletism over technique.
- Despite his size, he doesn’t factor in as a blocker very often.
- Shenault is not able to break a lot of tackles.
- Some scouts have questioned his off-the-ball work ethic.
NFL Comparison: Deebo Samuel – 49ers
Teams With Need at Position: Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants
Projection: Late 1st – early 2nd round
Laviska Shenault has a ton of upside. He’s a big, physical wideout with superior hands and speed. There are a ton of scouts who believe he’s a first-round pick. This is a pretty deep draft for wide receivers, so he might have to wait a little while to hear his name called. Whoever lands Shenault is getting an NFL ready big-play wideout. I see him making big waves in the NFL as a rookie. Shenault reminds me an awful lot of San Francisco 49ers wideout Deebo Samuel. He can run, separate and be an effective ball-carrier on jet sweeps similar to what Samuel did this season. Shenault has almost unlimited upside.
Embed from Getty Images