Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, The 4th Line Hockey Podcast. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey as well as spending some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
The guys are back and Carl is fired up! They start off the show covering the news of the week, including:
– The Calgary Flames made an announcement regarding their new arena and Carl is not happy about it
They also preview the Metropolitan division:
– After getting the 1st overall draft pick, can the New Jersey Devils get better?
– With Nolan Patrick added to the mix, can the Flyers add themselves to the playoff mix?
– Carl’s new bandwagon team, the Carolina Hurricanes, are a mixed bag in Joel’s book.
– The Blue Jackets and John Tortorella are out to prove that Carl was wrong to not pick them as his bandwagon team. How?
– The two time defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins are good. What’s next for them?
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.