Happy Football Friday we are now 43 days away from the kickoff of the 2021 college football season. It’s the perfect time to start collecting some tried and true tailgate recipes. It is week TWO of the Football Friday Tailgate Recipe. Did you save the week one recipe? A big thank you to the Vanderbilt faithful they sent me some amazing recipes. This week’s recipe was sent to me by Andy and Kim Hooper of the Legendary Lot 3 in Nashville, TN. Y’all enjoy.
Football Friday Tailgate Recipe: Tailgate Crack
When you are busy getting ready for tailgate season you need a great simple and go-to recipe. This is a super simple recipe and fits the bill. I cannot wait to try this. Andy got the recipe from his wife and just started making them with her supervision. Lot 3 gave them their name “Tailgate Crack”.
What you need:
- 1 package of cocktail weiners
- 1 package of bacon (do not get the thick-sliced)
- Brown sugar
- Cut the bacon strips into thirds. One pack of bacon will equal 1 pack of weiners. Again, don’t get thick-sliced bacon.
- Place wrapped wieners in a 13×9 baking pan and cover wieners in brown sugar.
- Bake at 350º for about an hour.
On The Menu
See you next Friday for week three of the Football Friday Tailgate Recipe. Up next week we have a treat coming for you from a Florida State family. However, the recipe has more Nashville ties and more specifically a link to the band, Paramore.