Leicester midfielder N’Golo Kante has agreed a five-year-deal with Chelsea ahead of a £30m move, according to reports in France. Many sources in France as well as the Daily Express have claimed that move will be completed in the coming days. Mohamed Bouhfasi of RMC Sport, has reported that the midfielder will have a medical within 48 hours.
— Mohamed Bouhafsi (@mohamedbouhafsi) July 15, 2016
Chelsea sign Leicester’s N’Golo Kante
The Daily Telegraph reported earlier this week that Chelsea had made a £29.2 million bid for the Leicester player. This news came after the 25-year-old told Claudio Ranieri he wanted to leave the Foxes this summer. It is believed Ranieri accepted Kante’s demand, hoping for the issue to be resolved as soon as possible.
On Thursday, the Italian said: “We offered Kante a new deal before the Euros. Now I know there are a lot of big teams interested.”, before tellin the midfielder the decision was in “his (Kante’s) hands.”
Importance to Leicester’s Historic Win
Kante was integral to Leicester’s incredible title win last season and he was named on the Player of the Year shortlist. The award was eventually won by his team-mate Riyad Mahrez. The 25-year-old impressed at the Euros for France, but was controversially left out of the semi-final and final as France finished runners-up. However, his move to Chelsea means that he is leaving Champions League football for no European participation next season.
It is believed the midfielder has signed a five-year contract with the Blues. The 25-year-old is Antonio Conte’s second signing since taking over the London club. The Italian’s first signing was Michy Batshuayi from Marseille for £33 million. The believed fee of £29.2 million means the Foxes have made a sizeable profit from the £5 million they spent on the France international.