Welcome back to LWOS 2016 MLB Draft Coverage, the column that brings you player profiles for the next crop of professional baseball players that are likely to be selected in the upcoming draft. Be sure to bookmark the site, follow us on Twitter, and spread the word for the site that will bring you analytical profiles and scouting reports. Click here to check out our complete coverage of the 2016 MLB Draft. Last Word On Sports is your new headquarters for all things 2016 MLB Draft!
School: St. Thomas Aquinas HS (Overland Park, KS)
Weight: 195 lbs
Riley Pint 2016 MLB Draft Profile
A senior at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Overland Park, Kansas, Riley Pint has been in the national spotlight for the last couple years. He is currently committed to LSU, but it is rumored that if he goes as high as projected, he will choose the contract over playing at the college level.
- Two types of fastball (4-seam, 2-seam)
- Fastball that sits between 93-97 mph, can touch 99-100
- 2-Seam Fastball with late movement, usually around 95-97 mph
- Knuckle-Curveball that usually is at 86 mph
- Changeup with a downward, running bite
- Big Frame and growing
- Always finishes falling forward, not to the side
- He throws really hard, so sometimes his shoulders dips, which results in wild pitches
- Inonsistent breaking ball accuracy
- Throws nearly 85% fastballs
MLB Comparison: Matt Harvey, New York Mets
Projected Pick Range: Top Five
Most Likely Landing Spot: Atlanta Braves
Pint is full of potential. Hopefully he will get a chance to develop his third and fourth pitches a little more. I watched him throw on Tuesday (5/3), and he threw mainly fastballs. An 18-year-old with his size, strength, and command over the fastball is pretty rare. Don’t be shocked if he lands in the top five.
Main photo via YouTube.com