So now that the baseball season is underway, it’s time to think about key additions or trades to make that will push your team over the top. Trading can be quite hard; some people will not want players struggling through thirty-five games like David Price, while other managers will be trying to sell high on a Trevor Story-type player. The best advice for trading is to buy low on superstars while you can, and sell high on the players that have come out of nowhere, like Story.
If you can get any superstar-level player for Story, take it and run. Those are really the only type of fantasy baseball trades worth doing right now, but picking up players is very important this time of the year. There are always breakout players sitting on the free agent list, because they are not well known and most people cannot trust them. Add as many hot players as possible and you might get lucky. It happened when Jose Bautista broke out a few years ago. If a player is performing at a high level, then scoop them up. You never know what might happen. Here are a few players worth taking a chance on:
Fantasy Baseball Players to Target
- Nick Castellanos – Three home runss in the last seven days, and he plays in a very good Tigers lineup.
- Wil Myers – The former top prospect is finally hitting well and has six home runs so far.
- J.T. Realmuto – He has been on fire pver the last few weeks and is the only catcher that steals bases.
- Jonathan Villar – Another former top prospect and has three steals so far in May.
- Joe Ross – Ross has pitched well all year on a very good team.
- Adam Conley – Conley is coming off two good starts and the Marlins are getting hot.
- Hector Neris- He’s striking everyone out and could get the closer’s gig.
- Aaron Sanchez – Sanchez has been Toronto’s best starter and has tons of talent.
Players to target in a trade:
- Miguel Cabrera
- Charlie Blackmon
- Jason Heyward
- Matt Harvey
- Chris Archer
- Sonny Gray
- Adam Wainwright
- Gerrit Cole
These guys are all superstars that have been off to bad starts, and impatient mangers may panic. Buy low while you can. All of these players will bounce back; they have only played about thirty-five games each. Trust the studs to always produce in the end.
Remember: buy low and sell high in trades, and take chances on players that are on hot streaks, because you never know how the season will turn out.