This season Last Word on Sports will be keeping you up to date on the Arsenal players out on loan, as they continue to develop their skills and prove they are ready to compete for a place in the Arsenal side.
The players away on loan are:
- Wojciech Szczesny (GK), on loan to AS Roma in Serie A
- Yaya Sanogo (ST), on loan to Charlton Athletic in the Championship
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles (MID), on loan to Ipswich Town in the Championship
- Isaac Hayden (CB/MID), on loan to Hull City in the Championship
- Chuba Akpom (ST), on loan to Hull City in the Championship
- Jon Toral (MID), on loan to Birmingham City in the Championship
- Emiliano Martinez (GK), on loan to Wolves in the Championship
- Wellington Silva (MID), on loan to Bolton in the Championship
- Gedion Zelalem (MID), on loan to Rangers in the Scottish Championship
- Glen Kamara (MID), on loan to Southend United in League One
- Mathieu Debuchy (RB), on loan to Bordeaux in Ligue 1
A weekend which saw Mathieu Debuchy return for Bordeaux was also full of many Gunners out on loan failing to make appearances.
Wojciech Szczesny played the full 90 minutes as Roma drew 1-1 with Bologna. Szczesny made only one save in the match, as Roma secured the point through a 50th minute equalizer from Mohammed Salah.
Yaya Sanogo started for Charlton in their 2-1 defeat to QPR, but had to be taken off after 34 minutes with an injury.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles played 46 minutes of Ipswich’s 3-1 loss to Brentford. Maitland-Niles was taken off at the break, with Ipswich down 1-0 and down to 10 men courtesy of two yellow cards from Luke Hyam.
Isaac Hayden and teammate Chuba Akpom both failed to make appearances for Hull City in their 2-2 draw with Huddersfield.
Jon Toral was an unused substitute for Birmingham in their 2-0 win over Reading.
Emiliano Martinez was again an unused substitute for Wolves as they drew 0-0 with Blackburn.
Wellington Silva did not play as Bolton fell 4-1 to Derby County.
Gedion Zelalem was an unused substitute for Rangers in their 4-0 win against Peterhead in the Challenge Cup over the weekend. Zelalem was also an unused substitute midweek for Rangers in their 1-0 win over Dumbarton. The win secured Rangers’ promotion back to the Scottish Premiership.
Glen Kamara was an unused substitute for Southend in their 2-2 draw against Fleetwood Town.
Mathieu Debuchy made his return to Bordeaux’s squad, playing 80 minutes and helping them keep a clean sheet in a 0-0 draw with Marseille. Debuchy was impressive in his return, with many rating him Man of the Match. He was a constant threat pushing forward, creating two chances from his right-back position. The Arsenal man was also solid defensively, making eight interceptions and six successful tackles.