Happy Football Friday. Did you save last week’s Tailgate Treats Bites! Bites! Bites! ? This week we have Football Friday Tailgate Treats: Tasty Treats On A Stick. It is officially ‘State Fair’ season so it seemed appropriate to do a post about tasty tailgate treats on a stick. Lots of hand-held treats that are easy to eat while enjoying your tailgate. Enjoy!
Football Friday Tailgate Treats: Tasty Treats On A Stick
Charcuterie is so popular right now that this one seemed like a no-brainer and SUPER easy to make. As well as customize with all your favorites. You can even make them more kid-friendly if needed.
- Cheddar: Get a one-pound block of cheddar cheese and cut it into cubes.
- Salami: Six ounces of very thinly sliced salami.
- Pepperoni: Thinly sliced pepperoni, six ounces.
- Babybel: You will need six pieces of Babybel cheese.
- Pickles: Mini dill pickles or gherkin pickles will work best, drain first.
- You make also add/remove any items and replace them with YOUR favorites.
First, cut your cheddar cheese block into small cubes.
Fold up the pieces of salami and pepperoni.
Then to assemble, alternate putting on cheese cubes, salami, and pepperoni.
Once the skewer is almost full, top will a piece of Babybel cheese and a mini pickle.
Finally put on your serving platter.
YUMMY! This is the easiest of recipes. Again totally customizable to your friend’s and family’s tastes.
- frozen meatballs – Angus flavor for traditional cheeseburger taste. but you can pick your fave flavor.
- Cheese of choice
- any other toppings you might like
- wood skewers
- Prepare meatballs according to package.
- assemble any way you like it
Have you ever had a bad pizza? Except maybe when people put pineapple on it, but that is a whole different article. You could do sausage and mushrooms to really kick these to the next level.
- Start with pizza dough on a lightly floured countertop
- Mix together melted butter, garlic salt, & basil, & brush the dough with the mixture
- Cut the dough into 1-inch strips
- Add mini pepperoni slices onto the skewers
- Wrap the dough around the skewers & pepperoni in a spiral motion
- Bake the pizza sticks for 10-12 minutes
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese at the end
- Have extra pizza sauce for dipping
The perfect tailgate sweet and salty combination. As well as a fun twist on this classic tasty treat.
- 24 small frozen chicken nuggets or popcorn chicken
- 24 mini frozen waffles (I used Eggo)
- 1/2 cup hot honey or honey or maple syrup
Meanwhile, cook chicken nuggets in an air fryer or oven according to package directions.
Toast mini waffles in a toaster until browned, then separate into individual waffles.
Reheat the honey mixture in the microwave at HIGH for 10 seconds.
Strain through a fine metal sieve.
Discard pepper flakes or stir them into other recipes.
Right before serving, arrange the waffles in a single layer on a platter.
Place one chicken nugget on top of each waffle and secure them together with a toothpick.
On The Menu:
On the menu for next week will be another Football Friday Tasty Treat. Enjoy your tasty treats on a stick while you cheer on your team. Be sure to leave a comment and let us know which treats on a stick we need to try next and which ones were your favorite.