Happy Football Friday. Today we have: Football Friday Tailgate Recipes: Football Shaped Treats Part One. Did you save last week’s Toppled Teams Tombstone Treats? This week I picked some tasty football-shaped treats because who doesn’t love a cool-looking football-shaped treat? We have sweet and savory! Y’all have fun with these and enjoy!
Football Friday Tailgate Recipes: Football Shaped Treats Part One
- 2 – 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. mini pepperoni
- 1 slice mozzarella, cut into thin strips
- Crackers, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Stir together until completely combined.
- Transfer cream cheese mixture onto your serving platter and form into a football shape. Smooth top and top all over with a layer of mini pepperoni. Top with mozzarella “laces” and serve with crackers.
- 2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 mini hot dogs
- Egg wash
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Coarse salt
- yellow mustard – I hear there is a huge supply of yellow mustard in Knoxville.
- Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice crescent rolls lengthwise into thirds. Place a mini hot dog on the thick end of each triangle and roll-up.
- Arrange the pigs in a football shape, side by side, on the baking sheet. They should be touching! Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crescents are golden.
- Draw lines with yellow mustard to mimic the laces of a football. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ketchup for dipping.
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz grated/shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped green onion divided
- 1/2 cup diced pickled jalapeños extra as desired
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 TBSP fresh parsley
- 2-3 fresh jalapeños (approx. 1/4 cup finely chopped)
- 1 slice mozzarella or white cheddar cheese
On The Menu
See you next week for another Friday Football Friday Tailgate Recipe. Next week is part two of the football-themed treats. We will have some SWEET treats in the shape of our beloved football. Enjoy your weekend of games. Hope you get to enjoy football cheese or pepperoni balls too!