It is Lewis Hamilton who will start on pole position for the United States Grand Prix for Mercedes. Nico Rosberg will start in second place while Daniel Ricciardo will start in third place for Red Bull Racing.
Lewis Hamilton Claims Pole Position at the United States Grand Prix
It was Lewis Hamilton who was fastest in Qualifying 1, followed by his team mate, Nico Rosberg. The six slowest drivers were eliminated from Q1. Perhaps the most surprising exit from Q1 was that of Jenson Button for McLaren, with the 2009 World Champion experiencing heavy traffic towards the end of his final qualifying run. Button qualified in nineteenth place. Also experiencing a disappointing qualifying was Haas F1’s Romain Grosjean, who qualified in seventeenth place. Kevin Magnussen qualified in eighteenth place for Renault, once again being out qualified by his team mate, Jolyon Palmer. Pascal Wehrlein qualified in twentieth place for Manor while Felipe Nasr qualified in twenty-first for Sauber. Starting in last place for the US Grand Prix will be Esteban Ocon for Manor, being out qualified by his team mate.
In the second of session of qualifying, it Red Bull Racing’s Daniel Ricciardo who was fastest followed by Nico Rosberg in second place. Another six drivers were eliminated from Q2. Starting in eleventh place for the US GP will be Sergio Perez for Force India, being pushed out of the top 10 by Felipe Massa. Fernando Alonso qualified in twelfth place for McLaren while Daniil Kvyat qualified in thirteenth place, being out qualified by his team mate, Carlos Sainz Jr. Esteban Gutierrez will start in fourteenth place in what is his team’s home race, out qualifying Romian Grosjean. Jolyon Palmer was fifteenth fastest for Renault while Marcus Ericsson rounded out the session, qualifying in sixteenth place for Sauber.
In the final session of qualifying, it was Lewis Hamilton who was fastest, meaning that he will start on pole position for tomorrow’s US Grand Prix. Hamilton’s team mate, Nico Rosberg was second fastest in the session, meaning that he will start alongside Hamilton on the front row of the grid. Daniel Ricciardo was third fastest for Red Bull Racing, out qualifying his team mate, Max Verstappen. Verstappen qualified in fourth place. Kimi Raikkonen was fifth fastest for Ferrari, while Sebastian Vettel was sixth fastest. Nico Hulkenberg was seventh fastest for Force India, out qualifying both of the Williams cars of Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa who qualified in eighth and ninth place. Carlos Sainz Jr rounded out the top 10 for Toro Rosso, being the slowest driver in the session.
Qualifying Results from the United States Grand Prix:
- Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:34.999
- Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:35.215
- Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull Racing, 1:35.509
- Max Verstappen, Red Bull Racing, 1:35.747
- Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:36.131
- Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 1:36.358
- Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1:36.628
- Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1:37.116
- Felipe Massa, Williams, 1:37.269
- Carlos Sainz Jr, Toro Rosso, 1:37.326
- Sergio Perez, Force India, 1:37.353 (Q2)
- Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1:37.417 (Q2)
- Daniil Kvayt, Toro Rosso, 1:37.480 (Q2)
- Esteban Gutierrez, Haas F1, 1:37.773 (Q2)
- Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 1:37.935 (Q2)
- Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1:39.356 (Q2)
- Romain Grosjean, Haas F1, 1:38.308 (Q1)
- Kevin Magnussen, Renault, 1:38.317 (Q1)
- Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:38.327 (Q1)
- Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, 1:38.548 (Q1)
- Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1:38.583 (Q1)
- Esteban Ocon, 1:38.806 (Q1)