Happy Football Friday. Today we have a variety of dips. Hot, cold, easy, creamy, and sweet. A great variety for every taste. Did you save last week’s Chicken Sandwiches with Alabama White Sauce? While I was researching corn dips I came across several other dips hot and cold that are perfect for tailgating season. Y’all enjoy!
Football Friday Tailgate Recipes: I Dip, You Dip, We Dip
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Graham cracker sticks
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Serve with graham cracker sticks.
Individual Seven-Layer Dips
Always a tasty party favorite, however, after a few people have dipped, it starts to look like mush.
All the pretty layers turn into an unappetizing pile.
Perfect for tailgating use plastic tumblers for individual servings.
- 1 (16 ounces) can refried beans
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole or make homemade guacamole
- 1 (8 ounces) container sour cream
- 1 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo; or make homemade pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can of sliced olives, drained
- 8 (9 ounces) plastic tumblers
- tortilla chips
- Layer 1: beans and taco seasoning
- Layer 2: guacamole
- Layer 3: sour cream
- Layer 4: salsa or pico de gallo
- Layer 5: cheese
- Layer 6: tomatoes
- Layer 7: green onions and olives (optional)
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 1 large russet potato
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon cooked*
- 8 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives divided
- For serving: kettle-style potato chips
- If necessary, cook the bacon according to one of my easy methods listed below. Once cool, dice into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, prick the potato all over with a fork, then place it on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 6 to 10 minutes or until soft and cooked through. Let cool. Slice the potato in half, then carefully scoop the insides out into a mixing bowl. Discard the skins.
With a fork, mash the potato until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add the cheddar, 2 tablespoons of the chives, and all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon. Stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt or pepper as desired.
Transfer to a serving bowl, then sprinkle the remaining bacon and chives over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature with potato chips.
Loaded Rotel Velveeta Queso
- 1/2 lb. hot pork sausage or regular, casing removed (Such as Jimmy Dean)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Pale Ale beer or your favorite type of beer
- 16 oz. Velveeta cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 c. Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained 14.5 ounce can
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Favorite chips of your choice
- Start by cooking the sausage fully.
- Add all dip ingredients (including the cooked sausage) into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutty Yummy Dip
This is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE dips!
- 16 ounces of sour cream
- 4 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 pound of bacon – cooked
- 1 packet of Ranch Dressing – you can do two if you want a more Ranch-y flavor
- 1/2 cup of Mayo
- 1 cup of slivered almonds (toasting is optional)
- Cracker of choice. My personal favorites are Wheat Thins or Chicken in a Biscuit
- Start by cooking the bacon let it cool then chop it up
- Stir all ingredients into a bowl.
- Refrigerate for an hour serve chilled.
On The Menu
See you next week for another Friday Football Friday Tailgate Recipe. Last week I lied and said we would have a sweet treat that is October-themed this week. I was a week ahead of myself. So, NEXT week we will have the fun sweet treats I teased last week. Enjoy your weekend of games. Hope you get to enjoy some dips too!