The start of a new era is upon us. Indy NXT will launch just over a month from now. It’s time to take a look at the schedule and how you can follow all the Indy NXT action in 2023.
Although the series rebranded to Indy NXT, the structure of the calendar remains the same. Similar to the IndyCar Series, it features a mixture of road & street courses along with ovals. It seems like an eternity since the last race of the 2022 season, but the new season is drawing near. Here is an overview of Indy NXT in 2023 and how to watch it.
The 2023 Indy NXT schedule and How to Watch
- March 5 – Streets of St. Petersburg (Peacock)
- April 30 – Barber Motorsports Park (Peacock)
- May 13 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course Race 1 (Peacock)
- June 3 – Streets of Detroit Race 1 Street Course (Peacock)
- June 4 – Streets of Detroit Race 2 Street Course (Peacock)
- June 18 – Road America (Peacock)
- July 2 – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Peacock)
- July 22 – Iowa Speedway (Peacock)
- August 6 – Streets of Nashville Street Course (Peacock)
- August 11 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course Race 2 (Peacock)
- August 27 – World Wide Technology Raceway (Peacock)
- September 3 – Portland International Raceway (Peacock)
- September 9 – WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Race 1 (Peacock)
- September 10 – WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Race 2 (Peacock)
All Indy NXT races will be available live and on-demand on NBC’s streaming service Peacock. If you don’t have Peacock, the races will also be broadcast on IndyCar Radio.
About that time. pic.twitter.com/24gSZbB6vO
— INDY NXT (@INDYNXT) January 23, 2023
Highlights of the season
There is a lot to be excited about this Indy NXT season. Just like the IndyCar Series, Indy NXT rolls down the runway in the streets of St. Petersburg, Florida on the weekend of March 5th. This street course has become the traditional start of the season. The drivers need to be fully focused to stay out of trouble on the narrow streets.
While the Freedom 100 has been absent from the schedule as of late, Indy NXT will be in action during the month of May. The premier development series for IndyCar will run twice at the Indianapolis Road Course. First on May 13th with IndyCar and then on August 11th along with the NASCAR series. A month later on June 18th, the drivers will go to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin to race at Road America. One of the most iconic venues in American motorsport, Road America offers a unique challenge with its steep incline and some of the most feared corners in racing.
Iowa Speedway will host the first oval race of the season on July 22nd. The short oval has always produced exciting racing and a tough challenge for even the most experienced IndyCar drivers. The 1.25-mile World Wide Technology Raceway, also known as Gateway, is the location for the second and final oval race of the season. Ideally, the schedule would have at least one more oval. It would aid the development of future drivers massively if they also visit a superspeedway.
The season finale of Indy NXT in 2023 is a doubleheader at Laguna Seca. This road course has been the site of plenty of historic IndyCar moments. Particularly, Alex Zanardi’s “The Pass” at the corkscrew remains ingrained in the memory of long-time IndyCar fans.
With this schedule, Indy NXT should be able to provide a lot of exciting action in 2023.