It was day two of post-season testing as drivers continued to set representative times in hopes of securing a seat next year.
The second day of F2 testing began as drivers continued to learn the car, improve their setups, and set representative times to prove themselves worthy of a seat for the 2023 Formula 2 season. Here’s a rundown of the top ten drivers from each session on Day 2. If you missed it, make sure to check out yesterday’s results.
Formula 3 driver Juan Manuel Correa replaced Rafael Villagomez for Vans Amersfoort Racing. Correa will be joining Richard Verschoor for Day 3. The session ran smoothly except for when Victor Martins crashed into the barriers at Turn 16. The incident prompted a red flag to halt the session temporarily. Despite Martins’ crash, he was still able to break into the Top Ten.
Both MP Motorsport drivers, Jehan Daruvula and Dennis Hauger looked strong for the second morning in a row as they placed P2 and P9 respectively.
- Jack Doohan (Virtuosi Racing): 1:35.990
- Jehan Daruvala (MP Motorsport): 1:36.160
- Ayumu Iwasa (DAMS) 1:36.165
- Ralph Boschung (Campos Racing): 1:36.311
- Enzo Fittipaldi (Carlin): 1:36.335
- Kush Maini (Campos Racing): 1:36.349
- Roy Nissany (Charouz Racing): 1:36.352
- Theo Pourchaire (ART Grand Prix): 1:36.368
- Dennis Hauger (MP Motorsport): 1:36.427
- Victor Martins (ART Grand Prix): 1:36.579
🏁 TOP TEN – AM SESSION 🏁
— Formula 2 (@Formula2) November 24, 2022
Jack Doohan and Maini collided with one another and caused the session to be red-flagged for a short time. Recently announced PREMA driver Frederik Vesti showed his talent as he finished top of the timings ahead of Ayumu Iwasa for DAMS. His teammate Ollie Bearman finished third ahead of Arthur Leclerc in the other DAMS.
- Frederik Vesti (PREMA): 1:36.462
- Ayumu Iwasa (DAMS): 1:36.517
- Ollie Bearman (PREMA): 1:36.715
- Arthur Leclerc (DAMS): 1:36.829
- Zane Maloney (Carlin): 1:37.095
- Clement Novalak (Trident): 1:37.123
- Roy Nissany (Charouz Racing): 1:37.467
- Brad Benavides (Charouz Racing): 1:37.931
- Roman Stanek (Trident): 1:37.934
- Dennis Hauger (MP Motorsport): 1:38.667
Check back in tomorrow as we look over the results for the third and final day of post-season testing.