As we enter the penultimate round of the Formula 3 calendar, the drivers return to Circuit Zandvoort with the championship still wide open.
With only two rounds left and the top five in the championship separated by just five points, it’s anyone’s guess who will win. Capitalizing on the mistakes of the front three, PREMA driver Ollie Bearman put himself in contention in Spa and is now only one point behind fellow rookie Isack Hadjar.
Victor Martins is hoping for a smooth weekend and decent points to balance a hectic and pointless Belgian Grand Prix. Meanwhile, Roman Stanek is looking to dethrone Arthur Leclerc for 4th in the standings, now behind by only five points and ten behind leader Hadjar.
The Circuit – Circuit Zandvoort
It's race week again! 😎
Coming up this week for @scuderiaferrari and our logistics teams, a trip to the Zandvoort circuit in the Netherlands!#CEVALogistics #essereFerrari 🔴 #NetherlandsGP #F1 #logistics #motorsport #winningsolutions #cmacgm pic.twitter.com/6cgJGrfpgY
— CEVA Logistics (@cevalogistics) August 29, 2022
At 4.259km long and with 14 turns, Circuit Zandvoort is one of the shortest tracks on the calendar. The current lap record is 1:24.580 set by Dennis Hauger in 2021. With 18-degree steep banking placed at the final turn, it makes for an exciting race to see which F3 drivers will be able to prevail.
Although it is expected to rain during the weekend, the mornings – when the races will take place – look sunny.
- Pole – Zane Maloney/Victor Martins
- P1 – Caio Collett/Arthur Leclerc
- P2 – Oliver Bearman/Victor Martins
- P3 – Isack Hadjar/Alex Smolyer
- Isack Hadjar – 106 points
- Ollie Bearman – 105 points
- Victor Martins – 104 points
- Arthur Leclerc – 101 points
- Roman Stanek – 96 points
- PREMA Racing – 286 points
- Trident – 200 points
- MP Motorsport – 167 points
- ART Grand Prix – 153 points
- Hitech Grand Prix – 133 points
How To Watch
- Practice: 9/2 – 2:55 AM on ESPN+ (8:55 AM Sky Sports F1)
- Qualifying: 9/2 – 8:00 AM on ESPN+ (14:00 PM Sky Sports F1)
- Sprint Race: 9/3 – 4:25 AM on ESPN+ (10:25 AM on Sky Sports F1)
- Feature Race: 9/3 – 2:45 AM on ESPN+ (8:45 AM on Sky Sports F1)
For international coverage, you can find local broadcasters by country here on the F3 Where to Watch page.