As Formula 3 enters the seventh round of the championship, take a look at what to expect at the modified Spa-Francorchamps.
Following a three-week hiatus, Formula 3 returns with a triple header kicking off at the historic Spa-Francorchamps. Championship leaders Isack Hadjar and Victor Martins left Hungary tied on points and each is looking to leave the weekend as the clear leader of the championship.
Meanwhile, Arthur Leclerc is hoping to rectify his mistakes in Hungary as he looks to close the fifteen-point gap between himself and the leaders. At the same time, teammates Oliver Bearman and Jak Crawford continue to battle it out for fourth in the championship.
The Circuit: Circuit de Spa – Francorchamps
Spanning 7.0004 km with 25 turns, Spa Francorchamps is the longest track on the Formula 3 calendar with the race lap record being 2:05:125 set by Jehan Deruvala in 2019. Tragically, that same year on the same track motorsport lost one of its brightest stars, Anthoine Hubert. Since his death, Spa has modified the track to include run-off areas at Eau-Rouge – an uphill slope at the end of Turn 1. The new track layout is set to debut this year.
— FORMULA ROOM (@formularoom) August 22, 2022
A repeat of last year’s forecast as both Saturday’s and Sunday’s races are expecting light rain.
- Pole: David Vidales
- P1: Isack Hadjar
- P2: Zane Maloney
- P3: Jak Crawford
- Pole: Isack Hadjar
- P1: Isack Hadjar
- P2: Arthur Leclerc
- P3: Caio Collet
- Isack Hadjar – 104 points
- Victor Martins – 104 points
- Arthur Leclerc – 95 points
- Jak Crawford – 80 points
- Oliver Bearman – 80 points
- Prema Racing – 255 points
- ART Grand Prix – 153 points
- MP Motorsport – 146 points
- Hitech Grand Prix – 131 points
- Trident – 129 points
How to Watch (EDT & GMT)
- Practice: 8/26 – 4:25 AM on ESPN+ (9:25 AM Sky Sports F1)
- Qualifying: 8/26 – 9:30 AM on ESPN+ (14:30 PM Sky Sports F1)
- Sprint Race: 8/27 – 4:35 AM on ESPN+ (9:35 AM on Sky Sports F1)
- Feature Race: 8/28 – 2:50 AM on ESPN+ (7:50 AM on Sky Sports F1)
For international coverage, you can find local broadcasters by country here on the F3 Where to Watch page.