Podcast — Welcome back to another episode of the Pro Foul Podcast! This week, it’s the Rachael Kriger and André Carlisle show, as R.J. Allen was dealing with a headache and producer Ian had to referee a high school tournament.
No adults allowed on this show!
Rachael and André sat down to chat about the NWSL Fall Series and André gets his five minutes to yell about how much he appreciates Ashley Sanchez.
The show notes, as always, are below. Don’t forget to support us on Patreon!
The Pro Foul Podcast, Episode 13: Whilst the Cat is Away
NWSL Fall Series
- There were a couple open door matches and one closed door.
- André is pretty much the third most important person in Ashley Sanchez’s life.
- #FreeMidge is working.
Jill Ellis to DC United
- Sources are saying that DC United is looking to replace their head coach with either Jason Kreis (MLS and USMNT experience), David Wagner (Premier League and Bundesliga experience) or Jill Ellis (two-time World Cup winner).
- Would be historic, but is it the best move?
USWNT Camp Roster
- Vlatko Andonovski names 27-player roster for the first U.S. women’s national team training camp in seven months.
Liga MX Femenil Updates
- Chivas lost 3-0. That’s all that really matters.
Good Ting/Rant of the Week
- André: Ashley Sanchez scored a goal. But he didn’t see it.
- Rachael: The soccer team won though! (But after being threatened).
About the Pro Foul Podcasters
Rachael Kriger is a senior editor at Last Word on Soccer. At Last Word, she is the head Seattle Sounders writer and covers the NWSL and USWNT. She is also the social media manager for Equalizer Soccer and is in the NWSL Media Association.
Furthermore, Rachael is the communication director for the North American Soccer Reporters. A native of Moscow, Russia, Rachael grew up playing soccer and basketball. While she coaches basketball, her love of sports reporting stems with soccer. Follow her on Twitter, @RachaelKriger.
RJ Allen has been covering women’s soccer since 2016. She is currently the Editor-In-Chief of Backline Soccer and co-host of The 123rd Minute Podcast, the Attacking Half Podcast and The Pro Foul Podcast. You can find her on Twitter @TheSoccerCritic.
Follow @ProFoulPodcast on Twitter for all updates! We’ve got a lot of good stuff planned for 2020 and look forward to all of you joining us as we provide a platform for Women’s Soccer news, analysis and coverage for all.
André Carlisle writes some, tweets a lot and tires not to let soccer ruin his life — and he often fails at all three. Still, the sport is his favorite thing in the world and it is an honor to have it step on his emotions. If you want to read things that André writes, or laugh at his angst, you can find him on Twitter @not_carlisle, covering the Washington Spirit at Black and Red United or writing about Chelsea at We Ain’t Got Not History.
Also, like any dejected wannabe columnist in this era of digital media, he also has a newsletter called No Love in Fear — though he’s no quite sure what he’s doing with it yet. You have been warned!