Last Word on Sports

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sports podcasts  (Read 663 times)

BrandiWritesPW

• View Profile
Sports podcasts
« on: September 01, 2020, 01:12:54 pm »

I'm back in a podcast mood lately. Listening to an old favorite, Crime in Sports. They talk about infamous athletes and their missteps. What other pods do you listen to? (I listen to like all the major wrestling podcasts too, lol)
Writer/Editor - Last Word on Pro Wrestling

Rachael Kriger

• View Profile
Re: Sports podcasts
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:40:40 am »

If you're interested in soccer by any forms, some shameless plugging for "The Pro Foul Podcast." It's women's soccer based and has some really good insight from, more importantly, my friends R.J. Allen and André Carlisle. I'm on there too, but I'm usually just there for R.J. to make fun of and to laugh at André.

DavidLatham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 03:44:36 pm »

Most of the podcasts I listen to are NFL or fantasy football. If that interests you then check out the Ringer, FantasyFootballers, PFF NFL Podcast, Rotoworld Football, and FantasyPros

LWOS_Marilee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Last Word on Pro Wrestling
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 11:47:23 pm »

If you're interested in soccer by any forms, some shameless plugging for "The Pro Foul Podcast." It's women's soccer based and has some really good insight from, more importantly, my friends R.J. Allen and André Carlisle. I'm on there too, but I'm usually just there for R.J. to make fun of and to laugh at André.

I used to occupy that role on a pro wrestling/MMA/combat sports podcasts. The guys called me the intern as I was kinda a late addition to the cast. Started as just a guest contributor but then became a regular and when one of the guys bailed, I became the co-host. But my friend still called me the intern. The rib stuck lol. Podcasting was a lot of fun. I hope to do another one some day!
Department Manager, LWOPW

Raheem Farhan Bashir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 04:01:13 am »

The one I typically listen to is The Two Solitudes Soccer Podcast (Canadian Soccer Podcast) and The Howlin Hour Podcast (Toronto Wolfpack rugby league podcast). However, I also listen to The Vocal Minority (Toronto FC - specific podcast) Podcast sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 04:29:32 am by Raheem Farhan Bashir »

Cahil_Murchison

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 02:41:10 pm »

For American football (pro and college) I listen to Clay Travis and John Middlekauff

Jeremy Brand

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 10:13:18 pm »

Spittin Chicklets is my go to sports podcast. I am definitely going to check out the OP suggested one though.

Declan Wiseman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 12:41:58 pm »

Perhaps too specific, but Tottenham fans and probably vaguely interested football fans should check out The Fighting Cock. I wouldn’t listen at work, or around kids for parts of the show, but there is a delineate balance of football and the general machinations of the blokes involved on the pod.
Editor at Lastwordonsports.com

spencercarroll

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 11:32:11 pm »

As a Titans fan, I’m a big fan of Bussin with the Boys, a podcast by two Titans players. But they interview athletes from other teams and leagues as well as other celebrities. Just kind of general comedy with a sports/NFL theme.
@SpencerCSports

Last Word on Pro Football
Last Word on Titans

BenKerr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 04:51:08 am »

Perhaps too specific, but Tottenham fans and probably vaguely interested football fans should check out The Fighting Cock. I wouldn’t listen at work, or around kids for parts of the show, but there is a delineate balance of football and the general machinations of the blokes involved on the pod.

TFC is good.  My favorite Spurs podcasts are Wheeler Dealer Radio (from Sbnation) and Dr. Tottenham (formerly spurs america).

In other sports... im boycotting Spittin Chiclets cause I dont like Barstool or supporting anything Dave Portnoy.  I have switched to Missing Curfew which has a similar feel to it but isnt barstool.  30 thoughts is also good.

In NFL, i like the Bruce Exclusive for the Bills.

Aarik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 06:14:09 pm »

Pat McAfee's show is always fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up