Last Word on Sports

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When All is Said & Done, Who Will Have Most Majors - Federer, Djokovic or Nadal?  (Read 384 times)

LWOS_Marilee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Last Word on Pro Wrestling

I've been mulling this question for a while. Over the past decade we have had the privilege to watch three of the best male tennis players of all time play. And they've all played during the same era. When looking at major wins, so few men have stood atop the podium because of these three. So few have cracked through. There is a lost generation of players thanks to the dominance of the Big 3.

So the question is, when all is said and done, who will have the most majors? Federer leads the way now but he's closing in on the end. I think he surprised a lot of people with his renaissance a few years ago but is he done winning majors? Djokovic is younger and when healthy, he's the best player in the world. Will he catch Federer up top? And then there's Nadal. Assuming he just plays the French Open and clay court season, he could have a decent amount of majors left and death, taxes and Nadal winning the French are about the only certainties in life. I think all three have a chance but as of right now, I'd say Djokovic will end his career with the most major wins of all time.

Thoughts?
Department Manager, LWOPW

Yesh

• View Profile

Could be any of them, but I think the best odds right now are Djokovic.

Last Word on Sports

RandleRant

• View Profile

I think Djokovic...but I still would rank them Nadal, Federer, Djokovic

Last Word on Sports

christinaking

• View Profile

Djokovic will end up with the most majors.

Ewan West

• View Profile

Federer could win one more but I'd be slightly surprised if he did, so I think it's a close call between Nadal and Djokovic. Djokovic has a good chance of winning at the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open - so he will get plenty of chances in the next couple of years if he stays fit and his level doesn't drop significantly. But I could see Nadal winning at least two more French Open titles to put him on 21, and that might be hard to catch.

Mathieu Godin

• LWOF Writer
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

Federer will always have my heart, but I think Djokovic will. Its a really tough call though

Last Word on Sports

LWOS_Niklas

• The Honky Bonk Man
    • View Profile

I would like to say Nadal, but I guess Djokovic has enough time left to change that.
"Eliminate the impossible and whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the answer." - Sherlock Holmes

Last Word on Sports

Mike Kovacs

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Last Word On Sports

Hard to think Federer holds on so Djoko or Nadal. Hmmm... Djokovic might have enough time to take that.
CEO, Last Word On Sports INC
LastWordOnSports.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up