January 17, 2021, 01:42:15 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Trae Young

Started by Zkircher32, December 20, 2020, 03:09:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zkircher32

As a Hawks fan, I've watched every game for far too long. Trae is really frustrated this year because his role is smaller than the last 2 years. This team has blow up written all over it

MrSplashMan19

I hate seeing John Collins waste away in Atlanta
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

MrSplashMan19

At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

Norton0723

I'm a huge fan of the Trae/Collins pairing and pulling for it to work out. Capela is a great PnR player so that's a nice pairing with Trae just not sure Capela/Collins is a great pairing. We'll see and if not they'll have to stagger their minutes a bit more.
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

MrSplashMan19

MichaelMarti

I like Trae, but can he be the best player on a contender? I think his massive defensive holes make him more of a 1b.

MrSplashMan19

Quote from: MichaelMarti on December 29, 2020, 10:34:56 amlike Trae, but can he be the best player on a contender? I think his massive defensive holes make him more of a 1b.

I would be interested to see him paired with someone like Klay Thompson.

MrSplashMan19

MichaelMarti

Quote from: MrSplashMan19 on December 30, 2020, 08:23:09 pmI would be interested to see him paired with someone like Klay Thompson.

Exactly!

Norton0723

I think the Hawks were hoping that would be Huerter but it hasn't worked. If they are able to build around him the way GSW did around Curry, Trae can definitely be that guy.

MichaelMarti

Quote from: Norton0723 on December 30, 2020, 11:51:15 pmI think the Hawks were hoping that would be Huerter but it hasn't worked. If they are able to build around him the way GSW did around Curry, Trae can definitely be that guy.

Do you think Trae could deliver a championship for the Hawks?

Norton0723

I do if they surround him the same way they surrounded Curry. Both are so extremely similar it's crazy. We are seeing that Curry isn't the type of player to carry a franchise due to his lack of all around game but when surrounded by the right pieces that mask his inefficiencies, he can be the best player on a championship team. I think Trae is the same way. If they surround him by shooters and great defenders, he can be amazing.

It's a weird thing but I've heard some people talk about how him and Curry are the type of players that can be the best on a championship team if they get surrounded by the right pieces whereas guys like LeBron and Giannis are the type that can be surrounded by whatever and still carry a team much further than Curry or Trae could in the same situation just because they are totally different types of players.