January 17, 2021, 02:02:07 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Your team's biggest draft bust

Started by MichaelMarti, October 17, 2020, 01:11:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelMarti

Quote from: LWOS_Marilee on November 11, 2020, 09:49:08 am
Hinkie was such a polarizing character. But I think Philly realized the error of the ways by hiring Morey, Hinkie's mentor. There was a running gag in this city where people would portray Hinkie as the savior and after he was forced out for Burner Brian, would say, "Hinkie died for our sins." Lol

I remember Bleacher Report featuring that in Game of Zones lol

Norton0723

Hahaha as a Cavs fan I definitely feel this pain.

Quote from: MichaelMarti on November 09, 2020, 07:46:10 am
Jeez as a Raps fan, I wish Kuzma was my worst draft bust lool
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

Norton0723

MichaelMarti

Quote from: Norton0723 on November 11, 2020, 07:31:24 pm
Hahaha as a Cavs fan I definitely feel this pain.

They don't know real pain 😭.

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: MichaelMarti on November 11, 2020, 10:43:02 am
I remember Bleacher Report featuring that in Game of Zones lol

Haha yes! I'm not sure if fans took the slogan from that or the other way around lol. I loved that episode. Okafor as Hodor was BRILLIANT!
Department Manager, LWOPW

MichaelMarti

Quote from: LWOS_Marilee on November 12, 2020, 04:11:13 pm
Haha yes! I'm not sure if fans took the slogan from that or the other way around lol. I loved that episode. Okafor as Hodor was BRILLIANT!

One of the best YouTube short series out there. Highly recommend for fans of the NBA and GOT!

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: MichaelMarti on November 13, 2020, 06:59:31 am
One of the best YouTube short series out there. Highly recommend for fans of the NBA and GOT!

I second the recommendation! Everyone stop what you're doing and watch Game of Zones!

https://gameofzones.bleacherreport.com/#/season-7-episode-4

LWOS_Marilee

Dan Mount

I'm a Knicks fan. How long you got? lol
Marketing Manager, Last Word on Hockey

MichaelMarti

Quote from: Dan Mount on November 13, 2020, 10:06:57 pm
I'm a Knicks fan. How long you got? lol

Long enough to hear these terrible picks haha

MrSplashMan19

Anthony Bennett. Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest follower of college basketball in 2013, but I had no clue who he was when we took him #1.
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

Norton0723

I remember being a bit shocked we took him at the time but also I didn't mind it because the class was so weak and they were shooting for the moon with his mix of size, skillset, and athleticism. It just didn't work out as he was unbelievably lazy and didn't work at all from a ton of reports I've read.

Quote from: MrSplashMan19 on November 17, 2020, 06:54:21 amAnthony Bennett. Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest follower of college basketball in 2013, but I had no clue who he was when we took him #1.

Raheem Farhan Bashir

Quote from: MichaelMarti on October 17, 2020, 01:11:57 pmWhat is your team's biggest draft bust?

As a Raptors fan, it has to be Rafael Ara├║jo, drafted eighth in 2004 and somehow picked over Andre Iguodala

I have to agree with that. The only one I can think of that comes close is probably drafting Marcus Camby in the 1996 NBA Draft, when there were players like Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Stephon Marbury, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim still in the draft.

MichaelMarti

Quote from: Raheem Farhan Bashir on December 01, 2020, 02:01:58 amI have to agree with that. The only one I can think of that comes close is probably drafting Marcus Camby in the 1996 NBA Draft, when there were players like Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Stephon Marbury, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim still in the draft.

At least Camby was still a good NBA player! Not a superstar, but not the worst pick

MrSplashMan19

Anthony. Bennett. I wasn't the biggest fan of CBB in 12-13, but I knew enough about the top prospects because the Cavaliers had the top pick.

I still remember saying "who"
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

Norton0723

Yeah that pick was brutal for our Cavs. Luckily it was such a weak class that it didn't make a difference.

I know Giannis was in that class but literally nobody was considering him with the top pick so I can't fault them for not taking him #1 overall.