December 04, 2020, 12:27:43 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!


Survivor Series Thread

Started by Alex Richards, November 21, 2020, 05:34:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Richards

Get hyped for the ONE NIGHT A YEAR when your favorite superstars collide for brand supremacy!!

Here's our site preview
https://lastwordonsports.com/prowrestling/2020/11/21/preview-wwe-survivor-series-11-22-20/
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Definitely going to share some thoughts in this here thread, so if any of you want to sound off, feel free to do so as well!
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

The kickoff show battle royal was a hodgepodge and not much more than that, with The Miz getting the fairly obvious win. That said, I did like the brief exchange Dominik Mysterio and Chad Gable had toward the end. That could be a fun program down the line.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

The men's Survivor Series match kicked off the show and, surprisingly, ended with a clean sweep for Team RAW!

Seth Rollins offered himself up as the first elimination for Team SmackDown and it just snowballed from there. Jey Uso as the last man for SmackDown gives him some credibility, especially as he looked to be on the verge of eliminating Styles, but being the last man eliminated for Team SmackDown may not sit well with Roman Reigns.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Street Profits got the win over The New Day in what I thought was a great tag team match. These are the two top teams in WWE and while the Day is more popular, this was a match the Profits needed to win. Just a good showing for these talented guys.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn was what it was. Lashley won in decisive fashion, which didn't surprise me, but the match itself was very confusing. You have two heel champions facing each other, while one guy is sort of playing the underdog against the other guy's henchmen, but not really. I don't know, this didn't do anything for me.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Sasha Banks vs. Asuka was the definition of more of the same, which isn't a bad thing in this case. They've wrestled a number of times in 2020 already, but to see them to go at it again is fine. It's like comfort food in a way. Big win for Banks here.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

When it comes to the "Final Farewell" of The Undertaker, I question the validity of it. I'm just not fully convinced we have seen the last of Taker.

That said, this was a nice tribute to end the show. He said a few words, they honored Paul Bearer, and the production itself was very good.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOPW_Scott

A good overall show once again when it comes to Survivor Series. The tag match between New Day and the Profits stole the show for me, but the main event delivered as well.

Alex Richards

Quote from: LWOS_Robbie on November 22, 2020, 07:37:05 pmSeth Rollins offered himself up as the first elimination for Team SmackDown and it just snowballed from there.

That's quite amazing tbh
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: LWOS_Robbie on November 22, 2020, 06:56:20 pmThe kickoff show battle royal was a hodgepodge and not much more than that, with The Miz getting the fairly obvious win. That said, I did like the brief exchange Dominik Mysterio and Chad Gable had toward the end. That could be a fun program down the line.

Anything other than Seth Rollins is a good program for Dom lol
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: LWOS_Robbie on November 22, 2020, 07:37:05 pmThe men's Survivor Series match kicked off the show and, surprisingly, ended with a clean sweep for Team RAW!

Seth Rollins offered himself up as the first elimination for Team SmackDown and it just snowballed from there. Jey Uso as the last man for SmackDown gives him some credibility, especially as he looked to be on the verge of eliminating Styles, but being the last man eliminated for Team SmackDown may not sit well with Roman Reigns.

Jey Uso has been getting put over super well lately and to his credit, he's made the most of his opportunity. That and Seth's move at the beginning were probably the best parts of an otherwise lackluster match. But I gotta say, Seth showing no brand loyalty is about the only thing that made sense about SDs Survivor Series team lol
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: LWOS_Robbie on November 22, 2020, 08:00:52 pmStreet Profits got the win over The New Day in what I thought was a great tag team match. These are the two top teams in WWE and while the Day is more popular, this was a match the Profits needed to win. Just a good showing for these talented guys.

Definitely a huge rub for the Profits. I'm glad they won because you're right. New Day didn't need this accolade. But this will be major for Angelo and Montez.
Department Manager, LWOPW