January 17, 2021, 01:58:40 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

What is your ultimate sports road trip?

Started by Mike Kovacs, August 17, 2020, 08:52:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: DavidLatham on October 14, 2020, 01:37:55 pm
If you do, make sure to get there super early. There's tons of stuff to do along Landsdown and Yawkey and walking around the stadium is just special. Truly unlike any other park I've been to

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely make sure to do that! Any recommendations on best food at the stadium, or nearby?
Department Manager, LWOPW

rbrent

I'd love to do a road trip from Toronto to Vancouver seeing multiple NHL and junior games along the way. That'd be a fun time.

DavidLatham

Quote from: LWOS_Marilee on October 14, 2020, 04:26:09 pm
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely make sure to do that! Any recommendations on best food at the stadium, or nearby?

I can't remember the name of it, but there's a tiny little pizza shop right on the corner of Yawkey that's surprisingly delicious. Granted I could be completely blinded by nostalgia but the slices there are pretty good. Aside from that it's mostly just ballpark food with team-centric gimmicks (some ice cream is served in a mini Red Sox helmet, that sort of thing)

LWOS_Marilee

Ah yes. I think they al do that ice cream helmet gimmick lol. I have many a helmet with a Phillies logo on it, one I even turned into a hat for my dog haha

Alex Metzger

The trips where people go across America and see as many different stadiums as possible would be awesome... I'm not the biggest baseball fan, but I love watching live games and seeing just how different each ballpark is... Being able to see all 30 (or some Minor League parks too) would be an absolute dream! Would be quite a long trip, but even seeing 4-5 places and a football game over the span of like 10 games would be really cool.

As a diehard hockey fan, being able to see a couple other NHL arena's would be cool too. Although they are much more similar to each other. I've been to Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo so far.

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: Alex Metzger on October 18, 2020, 03:24:23 pm

As a diehard hockey fan, being able to see a couple other NHL arena's would be cool too. Although they are much more similar to each other. I've been to Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo so far.

Sticking on the hockey thread here, I'd love to see a Winter Classic/Stadium Series. Had an opportunity way back but the price point for tix on the secondary market were insane.

LWOS_Marilee

DavidLatham

Been to the Boston Garden a few times to watch some college hockey, but never the Bruins (oddly enough). Great stadium that connects to North Station

Alex Metzger

Quote from: LWOS_Marilee on October 19, 2020, 06:15:30 pm
Sticking on the hockey thread here, I'd love to see a Winter Classic/Stadium Series. Had an opportunity way back but the price point for tix on the secondary market were insane.

The atmosphere at an outdoor game seems so cool. One that means something in the standings would make things even better too. Certainly, an outdoor game is on my bucket list as well.

MrSplashMan19

My first "big" sports trip was two Cavs games (both wins, wow) and a Ravens-Browns game. Not much of a road trip, but hey, it was in a city I had never been to.
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

DavidLatham

Quote from: MrSplashMan19 on November 17, 2020, 07:03:01 amMy first "big" sports trip was two Cavs games (both wins, wow) and a Ravens-Browns game. Not much of a road trip, but hey, it was in a city I had never been to.

Was this the LeBron Era?

Norton0723

Came here to say this. I'd love to travel around the country and catch a game at every MLB stadium myself.

Quote from: DJKleinbard on August 19, 2020, 01:59:13 pmI'd love to do a trip around the country and see every MLB stadium. A smaller trip that I have really wanted to do for a while is take a trip out to Kansas City to see the Negro League Hall of Fame and Museum and then catch a Royals game on the Saturday and a Chiefs game on the Sunday.
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

Norton0723

Aside from the MLB stadiums trip, I can't think of exactly anything specific. I live near Cleveland so my wife already took me on a cool sports trip for my birthday a couple years back. We went to the Football HOF in Canton during the day and then went to a Cavs G-League (Canton Charge) game and had courtside all you can eat tickets as well. I haven't been to the baseball HOF yet so that's one I want to get to with my son. I also want to recreate one of my favorite trips I've ever taken. When I was in junior high I went with a friend and his dad and we took a train trip to Springfield, MA to go to the basketball HOF. I want to be able to take my son when he gets old enough as well.
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

Ross Crawford

For me, I'd love to do a West Coast trip. A huge trip for a British guy.

In September,

MLB in San Diego
More baseball in LA or Anaheim
Saturday college game watching UCLA or in the Coliseum for USC
Sunday - Rams or Chargers game / MLS watching Galaxy or United

Following week up to San Fran for more baseball and whatever else I can fit in.