January 20, 2021, 11:44:17 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Ranking the Top 3 WRs from the 2019 Class

Started by Akshaj Gaur, November 23, 2020, 04:15:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Akshaj Gaur

I think the top 3 is clearly a combination of McLaurin, AJ Brown, and Metcalf.
How would you rank them?

I have the following:

1. McLaurin
2. Brown
3. Metcalf

MrSplashMan19

Hollyw.... LOL

I think all three are in the top 12-15 or so, so I'm splitting hairs.

1. Brown
2. Metcalf
3. McLaurin

My list changes every week though
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

MrSplashMan19

At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

DavidLatham

God that's tough, it's such a good class. Gun to my head, I'd say

1. McLaurin
2. Brown
3. DK

Honorable mention to Diontae and Deebo. Injuries have made those two really fly under the radar this year.

Al Preziosi

1. AJ Brown
2. McLaurin
3. DK

DK is a physical freak but he fits that offense perfectly. I really doubt he'd have close to the same production if he played on another team

DavidLatham

Quote from: Al Preziosi on November 23, 2020, 06:59:15 pm1. AJ Brown
2. McLaurin
3. DK

DK is a physical freak but he fits that offense perfectly. I really doubt he'd have close to the same production if he played on another team

Agreed. DK would be good anywhere but is great in Seattle

WillNoltie

I'd agree with McLaurin, AJ Brown, and Metcalf in that order. McLaurin particularly stands out to me because unlike the other two, he's had to deal with quarterback play ranging from terrible to average-at-best, and he's still been a beast.

Norton0723

Yep in terms of talent I agree with the McLaurin, AJB, DK order. I think all are top 10-12 WR in the NFL currently. Diontae is extremely close behind too. With the 2019 class, 2020 class, and what looks like a great 2021 class, we are going to be spoiled with WR talent for a while!
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

R-S.Ben

I wrote a whole article on this before the 2020 draft and a lot has changed haha

Had 1. AJ Brown 2. Deebo Samuel 3. McLaurin

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2020/04/15/re-ranking-2019-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-class/

Now it's more like
1. AJ Brown - legit is just such a deadly weapon no matter when he gets the ball. YAC, jump-ball, possession, deep threat. Might be a top-10 receiver in the league already
2. Terry McLaurin - gives so much despite being in Washington
3. DK Metcalf - Physical monster and a perfect deep threat for Russ

On the rise: Diontae Johnson
On the schnide: Marquise Brown

Ross Crawford

I'm a huge fan of D Johnson, but can't quite squeeze him into what has become the consensus Top 3.

I like Mclaurin, DK, Brown at the moment but they all work in very different offenses and are asked to do specific things. Mclaurin I think is one cause he's been amazing on the worst offense of the three, and probably the most polished route runner for me.

DavidLatham

I hope they get Terry a real QB. He'd destroy the league with even a Winston-level passer

Norton0723

No doubt. Dude is a top 10 WR for sure.

Quote from: DavidLatham on November 26, 2020, 11:43:36 amI hope they get Terry a real QB. He'd destroy the league with even a Winston-level passer
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723