January 25, 2021, 09:07:22 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Is EA in trouble

Started by Alex Richards, November 24, 2020, 05:03:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Richards

It would seem that a number of top football players are unhappy with their images being used in EA games

https://lastwordongaming.com/2020/11/24/report-electronic-arts-fifa-series-heading-for-image-rights-objection/
Department Head Of LWOPW

Baldspur78

I think footballers may not realise that their clubs agree some of these rights but this is going to be interesting to watch. EA make billions from FIFA but this could be a huge challenge to them.

DavidLatham

I'm all for anything that hurts EA

Alex Richards

Quote from: Baldspur78 on November 24, 2020, 05:15:37 pmI think footballers may not realise that their clubs agree some of these rights but this is going to be interesting to watch. EA make billions from FIFA but this could be a huge challenge to them.

Yeah i'd imagine EA know they have the legal advantage to even dare use these players likenesses but their revenue may take a hit if players demand more money
Department Head Of LWOPW

Alex Richards

Quote from: DavidLatham on November 24, 2020, 05:29:17 pmI'm all for anything that hurts EA

Lol same, gaming would be better without leeches like them
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

I could not give a crap less about EA, but I do like seeing them get a bloody nose now and then.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Department Manager, LWOPW