January 17, 2021, 02:16:40 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Besides your “main” sport? What’s your second?

Started by DougMurray, October 26, 2020, 11:34:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DougMurray

My main sport is mma but my secondary would be baseball or nba. You guys? If you focus on multiple sports to write, how many you do

MichaelMarti

Football (soccer) is my main sport, but I also love the NBA and Tennis. I used to watch UFC more, but PPV is too expensive when I'm the only one paying for it.

DavidLatham

NFL Football is far and away my favorite sport, but I love me some baseball too

Alex Richards

Department Head Of LWOPW

Norton0723

So I generally write about fantasy football so that's my main sport to write about, however, basketball is the sport I love the most and played multiple times a week and a ton of leagues for the past 13 years since graduation until COVID. I honestly love the main 3 especially when it comes to fantasy sports.
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

derriethickett

The main sport would be football (Or soccer to my US bros.)

But my second love is boxing. Even if you don't take part in the physical side of it, the sport is brimming with stories that would blow your mind. Although it's also rife with corruption and really does need to have an overhaul in that sense.

For anyone that enjoys boxing I'd like to plug a youtube channel I found some years back. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqqOyR016yl5hDB2QPHyAA

Reznick makes some absolutely fantastic videos that cover current and past boxers. This guy deserves a lot more subscribers.

derriethickett

Quote from: Norton0723 on November 02, 2020, 12:34:17 am
So I generally write about fantasy football so that's my main sport to write about, however, basketball is the sport I love the most and played multiple times a week and a ton of leagues for the past 13 years since graduation until COVID. I honestly love the main 3 especially when it comes to fantasy sports.

I assume you have watched The League? If not, it sounds like your kinda show.

I'm English and don't really watch any American football but when I watched that show I was introduced to the world of fantasy football, love it!

Norton0723

Haha yeah I love The League! Definitely a great show and I'm glad you got introduced to fantasy football as I absolutely love it!

Quote from: derriethickett on November 03, 2020, 09:18:12 am
I assume you have watched The League? If not, it sounds like your kinda show.

I'm English and don't really watch any American football but when I watched that show I was introduced to the world of fantasy football, love it!
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

DavidLatham

I need to watch that. One of those shows I always mean to get to, but always forget about

Raheem Farhan Bashir

November 10, 2020, 08:47:14 pm #9 Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:57:52 pm by Raheem Farhan Bashir
For me, basketball is 1 (a) and soccer is 1 (b). I watch both sports intently but watch the Toronto Raptors a bit more than Toronto FC. My third favourite sport is rugby league as I am a big fan of the Toronto Wolfpack. I currently write on basketball, rugby league, rugby union, and soccer for Last Word on Sports.

MichaelMarti

Quote from: Raheem Farhan Bashir on November 10, 2020, 08:47:14 pm
For me, basketball is 1 (a) and soccer is 1 (b). I watch both sports intently but watch the Toronto Raptors a bit more than Toronto FC. My third favourite sport is rugby league as I am a big fan of the Toronto Wolfpack. I currently write on basketball, rugby league, rugby union, and soccer for Last Word on Sports.

It's a good time to be a Toronto Sports fan hahaah. We deserve it though after years of terribleness

DavidLatham

Quote from: Raheem Farhan Bashir on November 10, 2020, 08:47:14 pm

Now would be a good time for you to get into baseball. The Blue Jays have a fantastic young core

MrSplashMan19

I write NFL for LWOS, but I also write some MLB and occasional NBA for other sites.

In terms of watching/following, football is king. Basketball is second between November and April (my Cavs suck!), and baseball is second between April and November (my Braves are chokers!).

I enjoy hockey and soccer, but they often peak if I buy NHL/FIFA. I haven't bought either in a couple years (college is expensive lol), so I've lost interest to some degree. It doesn't help that my Red Wings are a train wreck and Swansea is in the championship. Oh well I guess.
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

Robert Glasier

I write for wrestling but if I had to chose a secondary I lightly follow MMA and Hockey so those?

DJKleinbard

MLB is far and away number 1 for me. Number 2 is college basketball. I've always liked college more than the NBA. 3 is kind of a toss up. In the past it was the NFL (and fantasy), but of late, I think the NHL has surpassed the NFL for me.